Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum

Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum (http://forums.savage2.com/index.php)
-   Tips & Strategies (http://forums.savage2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   targeting enemies (http://forums.savage2.com/showthread.php?t=28620)

Recktikos 03-28-2012 03:16 AM

targeting enemies

Is there no way to target or toggle through enemies and or allies in this game? Also, is there any way to strafe your movement?

Xigbar 03-28-2012 03:55 AM

Lol, you never hold W in fights. Never run into your opponent, always strafe using A/D or whatever side movements you have.

Why would you target or toggle? That takes the fun out of the game. This isn't Legend of Zelda :P
There are some snapcast abilities, for heals, debuffs, and stuff.

Akhanor 03-28-2012 06:23 AM

Well you can target ennemies, but it's only usefull for range (so it's not that usefull, savage 2 is a melee oriented game), and only usefull with shapeshifter and chaplain (basically it will give you an auto-aim). This way of playing won't make sense if you're beginning, as it's pretty difficult to do and won't increase your DPS that much unless you're mastering it :

Shapeshifter : 6 - 3 - mouse 1 - 1 (you lock the target with the polymoph spell but without polymorphing, switch to lightning, use it, switch to melee. You gotta do it very quick to make it usefull)

Chaplain : 6 - 2 - mouse 1 - 1 (same idea, locking with armor debuff, ranging with holy bolt, turning back to melee. But only use it to prevent someone from potting - if he's low hp and didn't take damage for a couple of seconds - otherwise it's a waiste of mana for a healer).

Geveze 03-28-2012 07:36 PM

You can use wiwi's altinfo also, to toggle enemies, or maybe pressing alt the whole game, which would be exhausting. I prefer altinfo anyways.

Shinda 03-29-2012 03:13 PM

You can man the fuck up and aim your-self. Also, you could try to stop trying to get an advantage over others.

Some players would have better accuracy then you without targeting. *cofAsarualimcof*

SonOfAthena 03-29-2012 03:36 PM

It wouldn't work on moving targets, which is another reason for it not to be there. :)

GunSword 03-31-2012 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akhanor (Post 514010)
Shapeshifter : 6 - 3 - mouse 1 - 1 (you lock the target with the polymoph spell but without polymorphing, switch to lightning, use it, switch to melee. You gotta do it very quick to make it usefull)

Chaplain : 6 - 2 - mouse 1 - 1 (same idea, locking with armor debuff, ranging with holy bolt, turning back to melee. But only use it to prevent someone from potting - if he's low hp and didn't take damage for a couple of seconds - otherwise it's a waiste of mana for a healer).

Assuming you and your target are both moving, wouldn't you have to switch and fire instantly? The targeting is only "sticky" if you don't move your mouse.

It'd be simpler to macro, and I suspect some people have already figured that out.

Akhanor 03-31-2012 05:52 PM

Yes, you have to perform the combo very quickly. It works even if both you and your target are moving, as long as you're quick enough : nothing impossible, but it's tricky.

Indeed, that would be one of the thing wich would work great with a macro (especially because when you're doing the combo yourself with your hands and not a macro, there is always the risk to hit 7, wich is annoying when you're chap, and catastrophical when you're shapeshifter). That would also be extremely easy to spot in a replay I think, if a player is using a macro for that.

rancho 03-31-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geveze (Post 514101)
You can use wiwi's altinfo also, to toggle enemies, or maybe pressing alt the whole game, which would be exhausting. I prefer altinfo anyways.

i think altinfo makes you oggle more than toggle