Go Back   Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum > General Savage 2 Discussion

Notices

General Savage 2 Discussion Talk about all things Savage 2: A Tortured Soul.

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
S2Fielding
S2 Staff Member

Default Patch 1.7.8 sneak peak/changelog

Here it is. Note that it's not completely final - we may make other balance tweaks. If you have input, this is a good time to speak up (but please try to withhold your theory crafting on the new stuff too much until you experience the patch). There will be more details on the new map in a post following this one.

We're hoping to release the patch sometime this week. We have a couple other bugs we're tracking down first (one is critical to adding new items).

Version 1.7.8
-------------
Bug fixes:
- Fixed some issues where the hunter would sometimes get stuck in a certain animation.
- Any skills with push-back effects will now apply the push back even if the target of the skill successfully blocks the skill

CC Panel improvements (thanks Stanz):
-Fixed a bug where once the CCPanel was closed your input would still go to the last active input field.
-Fixed a bug where typing in the CCPanel would go to input fields outside the CCPanel.
-Fixed a bug making the input fields sometimes hard to click on.
-Fixed a bug playing the sound when the chat window was re-buffering (each time it was shown).
-Fixed a bug that would play the received sound when sending chat messages.
-Made improvements to some input fields, making them properly retain focus as long as the window has focus.

Maps:
- New map, Bunker. This is a port of the original Savage 1 map
- Updated blocker on several of our existing maps
- Fixed some spots where players could get stuck on rocks on Desolation

Balance:
Conjurer:
- The root applied by Entangle Trap skill will no longer be broken by trivial damage sources. Players entangled by this spell will break free once they have sustained 50 or more damage, or once the spell has finished its full duration of 2.5 seconds.

Hunter:
- Wing spin re-worked:
* Wingspin no longer freezes the hunter in place
* Wingspin is now a constant 360 spin for 6 seconds. During these 6 seconds nearby enemies will be hit with 70 damage every 0.5 seconds. Note the 70 damage will be reduced by armor, and that the overall damage per second of this attack is comparable to the Hunter's normal melee attack chain.
* Wingspin also provides immunity from ranged damage and a small armor bonus to the hunter for its 6 second duration
* Wingspin slows the hunter's movement to 70%. The hunter may still sprint, but may not charge or dodge
* New sounds, effects, and animation to match the new functionality
* Note that the damage inflicted by this skill can be blocked. Most classes should be able to block 3 attacks, the 4th attack breaking the block meter.
- Frenzy re-worked:
* Removed stamina leech
* When frenzy is activated, successful melee hits on enemies will apply a speed buff to the hunter. The speed buff is a 25% increase in movement speed for 3 seconds
* Note that the speed buff will not be applied if the attack is blocked
- Slightly reduced the attack time of the Hunter's third melee attack. This will slightly reduce the delay after completing a melee flurry before the hunter can perform other melee actions.

Shaman:
- The root applied by the Entangle spell will no longer be broken by trivial damage sources. Players entangled by this spell will break free once they have sustained 50 or more damage, or once the spell has finished its full duration of 3.5 seconds.
- Chant of Life and Arcane Chant have been combined into one skill, Chant of Restoration. This chant will heal allies within its radius while also restoring their mana
* This skill costs 7 mana per second to use, decreased from the previous 10 per second of Chant of Life
* NOTE: The shaman is still rewarded in experience and gold for both healing done and mana restored. The end result is that this spell has a higher yield of gold and experience than either of the shaman's previous chants.

Predator:
- Increased mana regeneration rate from 2.5 per second to 3

Scout:
- Reduced armor from 7 to 5

Chaplain:
- New chaplain skill, Shield of Sol:
* When activated, instead of taking damage from enemy attacks, the chaplain will instead be healed for 40% of the damage dealt
* This ability causes the chaplain to be immobile and is a toggle skill, similar to Hunter's sleep
* The effects of this ability last for a maximum of 8 seconds
- Increased hit points healed by Heal spell to 138 from 120
- Increased hit points healed by Group Heal spell to 75 from 50

Legionnaire:
- Decreased melee damage by 10%

Items:
- New enduring item:
* Advanced Sights (for humans) or Magic Amplifier (for beasts). Increased ranged weapon damage by 25%
* This new item costs 700 gold and requires the siege workshop or charmshrine
- Stone Hide and Plate Mail armor items slow movement speed by 5%. Cost for both items increased to 650 from 550
- While active, Shield of Wisdom will play a unique hit effect when struck by melee or ranged weapons

Commander:
- Decreased the cool down of Centurion Armor to 1 minute 40 seconds, down from 2 minutes
- Dispell is now a single-target snap cast spell rather than area of effect spell. This spell should no longer be missing its intended target. Decreased cool down to 20 seconds from 25.

Modding notes:
- All melee skills in Savage 2 can now apply a state to the user of the skill (as well as specifying a custom duration)

Last edited by S2Fielding; 01-27-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:43 AM   #2
S2Mercenary
S2 Staff Member

Announcing.... Bunker! Hopefully some of the Savage 1 fans recognize this one. This map is pretty NPC-heavy, (more than what you see on the overview). They're pretty well spaced out so I think they'll be ok, but if they need to be reduced I'll remove some.

Minimap

Customer and Technical support for Savage 2 is suspended until further notice. If you have a -billing- or -account- issue that directly affects your ability to play the game, please contact S2Games support: (support@s2games.com).

Good things come to those who wait...

Last edited by S2Mercenary; 01-27-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:56 AM   #3
Player

I am loving the new map and also the fixes which will be sure to make the game alot more fair and fun.
btw would you be able to either lower the spread or raise the damage of the conjurer's range attack move as it seems to be rather useless compared to the human builder's weapons.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:00 AM   #4
rohezal

Yeah i love this update .

http://xs229.xs.to/xs229/08295/image_get.php939.jpeg

I love VOIP
sing: "base, base, base, base, base, base, base"

Why only 15 year old girls? Since 4 Years, damn I'm doing something wrong...

One day I will find out who is responsible for the K2 scripting "language" and the modding "support". And then...

Old 01-27-2009, 01:00 AM   #5
S2Fielding
S2 Staff Member

Just a couple notes about the new wing spin:
On paper, it sounds very powerful. 70 damage per .5 seconds sounds like a lot. I want to remind you guys of a few things, though, that really keep this ability in check:
- The overall DPS of this ability to a single target is about equal to the hunter's normal DPS (the 70 damage is reduced by armor)
- It can be blocked
- You can dodge/charge to get out of its striking range (its range is a little bit longer than the hunter's melee range) and after that, staying away is pretty easy due to the 30% speed reduction of the hunter

The design intent of this ability has a few thoughts behind it. One is that the ranged-damage immunity could be useful simply for closing the distance/getting into battle (or away from it), regardless of the actual damage dealt. The main idea behind this ability is that it creates a bit of havoc for the enemy players, which is a big part of the feel we want to nail with the hunter. It forces groups to spread out a bit/move, possibly creating openings for the hunter's teammates to exploit. We'll keep an eye on how this skill plays out in game and make tweaks as needed.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:01 AM   #6
Rox360

Oh, this is fantastic. I can't wait to try out the new and revamped abilities! Wing spin sounds cool, more like what I'd expect from a skill with that name and icon. Frenzy is... different. But it absolutely oughta revert the nerfedness people feel the Hunter got from the last patch. One of the major complaints were indeed that he seemed slow.

New map looks beautiful. Very interesting layout with the double-chokepoint thing in the middle. And scars right next to the bases?? Bold move! I expect to see a lot of non-Malphas Hellbourne on this map! Can't wait to try it out!

[edit] Haha, I'm going nuts trying to figure out where the main frontlines will be on Bunker. I can see a player either trying for a horizontal line, each player claiming the three mines north and south before clashing, most likely near the middle. Or vertical lines, one player taking east and the other west. OR, the most logical, each player taking the mines closest to them, creating a ridiculous diagonal frontline across the whole map. If humans claim the north, northwest and east expansions, then they seem to be in a position to advance strongly on the northern one, coming from the northwest corner and potentially from the south... but simultaneously, the beasts would have a chance at the humans' south expansion... and no doubt people will try to sneak straight across over the bridge to flank, meanwhile. This'll be interesting, indeed! [/edit]

Last edited by Rox360; 01-27-2009 at 01:10 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:02 AM   #7
S2Fielding
S2 Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player View Post
I am loving the new map and also the fixes which will be sure to make the game alot more fair and fun.
btw would you be able to either lower the spread or raise the damage of the conjurer's range attack move as it seems to be rather useless compared to the human builder's weapons.
I plan on giving the shapeshifter and conjurer a bit of love in the next patch (or at least taking a good look at them and then making some decisions). I held off this patch because I deliberately wanted to avoid making this patch too big (it's already a pretty significant update).
Old 01-27-2009, 01:28 AM   #8
Fizbanui

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2Fielding View Post
- Frenzy re-worked:
* Removed stamina leech
I loved that skill....

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2Fielding View Post
I plan on giving the shapeshifter and conjurer a bit of love
Yay <3 conjurer gogogo

I've to abadon my plan of world domination...
it is female

Btw, Hi!

Last edited by Fizbanui; 01-27-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:48 AM   #9
OpMindcrime
Community Moderator

WANT.
When?When?When?

No one expects the NEWERTH INQUISITION!!!

NEW PLAYERS:
My Alt account is GlassPrison
If you ever see me online & have any questions or would like a few tips, feel free to ask
Old 01-27-2009, 01:51 AM   #10
Impeeched

I haven't played a game of Savage 2 in weeks, looks like it's about time again.
Closed Thread