Go Back   Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum > Savage 2 Modding

Notices

Savage 2 Modding Discussion of all things related to making mods of Savage 2

Old 05-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #41
Osleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taawus View Post
Eaxs is not getting his cowbell, he's acting delusional.

That fever is from K2 engine.

Erase all your nubish sigs and make this THE ONE
Quote:
<booiiing> but that's osleg, he doesn't give you a warning-shot, he instantly kills you, instagib-player
Quote:
Truth about savagers:
<weik> i swear i have dreams where im having a great evening with the gf or where my parents live toa ripe old age and i have great kids and then I GET A FUCKING K2 EXCEPTION AND I CRASH TO DESKTOP AND THE DESKTOP IS BEING A FUCKING HOBO WHO IS ADDICTED TO METH AND HAS 12 CHILDREN FROM 8 DIFFERENT LADIES
Osleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #42
Pidgeoni

Uploaded next version "V" with the eden map.
Sorry for the upload site, but mediafire just refused to work, and keeped on freezing firefox instead of uploading....

Osleg, please update the server when possible
Btw, i couldn't find the error for allowing another commander while incarnated. As long as i can see in my machine on a local game, it works (used echo and set commands to test that it worked).
Pidgeoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #43
Osleg

Map updated, i left only v-eden in rotation, storm disabled... or leave em both?
Quote:
<booiiing> but that's osleg, he doesn't give you a warning-shot, he instantly kills you, instagib-player
Quote:
Truth about savagers:
<weik> i swear i have dreams where im having a great evening with the gf or where my parents live toa ripe old age and i have great kids and then I GET A FUCKING K2 EXCEPTION AND I CRASH TO DESKTOP AND THE DESKTOP IS BEING A FUCKING HOBO WHO IS ADDICTED TO METH AND HAS 12 CHILDREN FROM 8 DIFFERENT LADIES
Old 05-12-2010, 11:22 AM   #44
Visserys

That is WAY to over powered. WAY WAY to overpowered.
Dead clan upheld for posterity
Visserys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:52 PM   #45
Pidgeoni

The storm map still has the old stuff, leave the eden map only lease....
Visserys, what is "WAY WAY to overpowered" ?
Maybe we could fix it....
Old 05-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #46
Sir_Sarendor

Not sure whether it is covered or not, but when I played, there was the possibility to join any team you want any time, which means that one team could have much more players than the other once the game starts. (The game starts only with a certain amount of players in each team, but once the game started anyone can join any team.)
This lead to quick loss (of my team) and of course - no time for active commanders.

Sir Sarendor, a member of the Heroes of Newerth Clan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Knights who are now no longer the Knights who say Ni, and are now The Knights who say Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke P'tang Zoo Boing Zowzm... Ni!
We are now no longer the knights who say Ni! We are now the Knights who say: Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke P'tang Zoo Boing Zowzm... Ni!
Sir_Sarendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #47
Pidgeoni

sorry to hear that
Osleg, may you please remove that "feature" and let the game start with 4 players instead?
please...you noticed the problem yourself the other day...if it is a server issue that cannot be corrected, then nevermind :(
So, somebody tried to play it! Too bad i wasn't there :P
Old 05-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #48
Osleg

i guess he played on storm, on eden i removed this awesome "feature"
Quote:
Quote:
Truth about savagers:
Old 05-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #49
Pidgeoni

Ow... well... should have asked before speaking :P
Thanks Osleg!
Old 05-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #50
Pidgeoni

Hot stuff:

New Bugs: (maliken fixed!)
A cool fellow named supersulox reported a curious bug in game. It is about maliken's speed buff ability. If you hover over the ability using the mouse wheel, maliken's speed gets x1000!!! (exaggeration).
I'll try to find the source of the problem soon... and make the neccessary improvements... or just remove it and call it done. He is OP anyway
20 minuts later, the server timed out just after maliken's incarnation!!! o ye, i still think the incarnation caused that. But i don't have any idea about how to check or fix.... maybe add some sleep commands?

"Brainstorm" (or whatever):
The same guy, supersulox, also proposed a permanent incarnation for the commander, with a respawn when the commander dies... comments?
Personnally i prefer the one time go, but it has become obvious that action players find the mod too common/normal too play any suggestions?
Maybe i shall add completelly new spells or what? I think pred-den and academy should give some extra abilities :P Or enable chiprel shifts and behemoth devouring? xD

And something more AC relevant:
What shall i do about maliken being more team oriented? (y, u've seen that question million times before, do you care to repeat you idea please, so that i, too, can listen to it?)
I mean, look at the Beast Incarnate: he can channel mana to a shaman to keep healing him. He can use an arcane armor channell together with a mana fountain to make his teammates invulnerable until the fountain is gone :P Maliken just buffs around :( Should i keep him as a support unit similar to malphases, or effectivelly change him?

Modding help request:
Is there a known and working way about autoassigning a commander to a squad when he resigns? Like a "move player to new squad with maximum players=1" command? Didnt research that yet, its late evening over here...

edit:
and that's one of the moments you can remember eaxs yelling:
"You don't need to include the whole game_settings.cfg variables in your mod. It makes maintenance easier."
or something like that, i dont remember the exact words... Fact:

-------------------------------------

The good side: MediaFire works again, so here's the link for the mod, v-eden.
Fixed the link above as well

Last edited by Pidgeoni; 05-13-2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: major stupidity :P