Go Back   Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum > Savage 2 Modding

Notices

Savage 2 Modding Discussion of all things related to making mods of Savage 2

Old 05-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #1
rancho

Default [IDEA] Sectator snapcast

i just got an idea today while spectating a game, watching players whizzing around.
i felt lazy to move the mouse as players move

Is it possible to make the spectator have a skill that can snapcast on a player so that the camera can follow the player?
I dont know how to mod (reading up in free time).

I think a snapcast could allow one to follow a player more smoothly and accurately than possible manually.
it would give more epic views of fights too

maybe there can be one snapcast skill and one redundant skill, (melee for example) to quit snapcast. but of course, these should have no effect on the players. (also without making the player under snapcast become red )

Any idea modders, can it be done?

Regards,
~rancho
rancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
Old55

On a balance mod server, send the message as spectator: follow playername
quit following with: stop follow

Not a snap cast, but it will find the player on the map for you.

I started implementing this in the balance mod, but it should go in its own plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancho View Post
i just got an idea today while spectating a game, watching players whizzing around.
i felt lazy to move the mouse as players move

Is it possible to make the spectator have a skill that can snapcast on a player so that the camera can follow the player?
I dont know how to mod (reading up in free time).

I think a snapcast could allow one to follow a player more smoothly and accurately than possible manually.
it would give more epic views of fights too

maybe there can be one snapcast skill and one redundant skill, (melee for example) to quit snapcast. but of course, these should have no effect on the players. (also without making the player under snapcast become red )

Any idea modders, can it be done?

Regards,
~rancho
Old 05-06-2011, 04:46 AM   #3
rancho

Im sorry im replaying so late after you replied so fast, rl calls
I tried it on an auto balance server, and the camera just moves up to the person and stays at that position, regardless of the person's next movements. I guess it is work in progress, but i VERY MUCH like where this is going, seeing as you called the command 'follow'

My idea with snapcast was that you can follow a certain player quite smoothly during a fight, especially with many people fighting in a small region. The player would be at the centre of the screen anyway.

If such skill cannot be imparted to spectator, well i will wait for when you develop 'follow' more
rancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
Old55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancho View Post
My idea with snapcast was that you can follow a certain player quite smoothly during a fight, especially with many people fighting in a small region. The player would be at the centre of the screen anyway.
I understand what you were suggesting. I've written such a script before but it really isn't the way to do it. This is a feature that really would need to be hard coded in the game and in this kind of situation it will never really be "smooth" because of lag between player and server and server and spectator. Merc did say long ago that it was a feature he wanted to see implemented, but that will never happen.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:25 AM   #5
faarigia

Thanks for the FPS command !! you're awesome!

but about Wiwi's special patch, can i choose which things will be enabled and which things wont ?

btw, all the pictures there are not working anymore... and i also didnt find the pack for typing the things like "Speed me, commander" but by the way, just in case it wont work for me... can i still make my own binds for saying things threw the console ?
Get free demos for Pass4sure 350-080 exam and mcts exam with pass4sure comptia security+ certification guaranteed success. Our northwood.edu best quality prepares you well before appearing in the final exams.
faarigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:19 PM   #6
PetzI

Quote:
Originally Posted by faarigia View Post
Thanks for the FPS command !! you're awesome!

but about Wiwi's special patch, can i choose which things will be enabled and which things wont ?

btw, all the pictures there are not working anymore... and i also didnt find the pack for typing the things like "Speed me, commander" but by the way, just in case it wont work for me... can i still make my own binds for saying things threw the console ?
I've never used Wiwi's, but the thing you want should be in the Fighting UI. If you want to make binds manually, open the console with CTRL+F8 and type:

Bind <key> "AllChat <message>"

Letter-keys probably need to be capitalized. And avoid using colors, since they can be really annoying :/ Hope that helps!
PetzI is offline   Reply With Quote