Petzi's Fantasy mod
Hey there everyone, I'm finally posting my biggest Savage 2 mod! It's named after me, and it started off as a copy of hellpeak where I would conduct experiments of lots of different modding ideas. As the years went by, there started to be ideas that seemed like they'd be interesting to try out in an actual game, so I eventually began shaping it into a playable mod rather than just a heap of ideas.
So that's what Petzi's Fantasy is, a collection of the best ideas I was able to get working all neatly packaged and balanced into a proper, playable, fun variant of Savage 2. Here are some of the highlights and trivia:
- Symmetrical teams.
- Once one team builds a Technology Structure the other team cannot build it., so the teams will be racing for tech.
- In some maps, tech can only be built on certain spots.
- A Necromancer unit (a lot like the old Summoner).
- A Jedi Knight unit.
- A Wizard unit.
- A unique unit called the Ares on Wheels, which does no damage to buildings but serves as a Spawn point for teammates, so it's essentially a unit for backdooring.
- A total of 10 units in the mod, 4 new ones and 6 old ones.
- 3 new items.
- Over 10 new weapons and abilities.
- 8 maps adapted from the standard Savage 2.
I created the mod, but there's a whole bunch of people who helped me along the way. The names are far too many to mention, because it was basically the entire Savage 2 modding community. I'd like to specially thanks Pidgeoni for the particle effect he made and the big help with all things interface. But like I said, there were many people who lended me a hand, both in the modding and the testing. Thanks, everyone!
Download (version 1.10)
(version 1.00) (2013/07/27)
Two Necromancers with a Zombie
The Commander's view, with the building screen
A Wizard witnessing the Ares on Wheels
A Jedi Knight using Force Lightning on a herd of Demon Boars
The Ares on Wheels compared to 5 stacked Behemoths and a Stronghold