Go Back   Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum > Savage 2 Servers

Notices

Savage 2 Servers Announcements, discussion, and information regarding the Savage 2 servers.

View Poll Results: Bringing back beginner servers is a good idea. Do you agree?
Strongly Agree 9 50.00%
Agree 2 11.11%
Don't Really Mind Either Way 3 16.67%
Disagree 2 11.11%
Strongly Disagree 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #21
SonOfAthena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoyoulikeme View Post
How about you do whine about something more important to fix than that, something that someone might actually look at and use.
Important or not, it contributes to the integrity of the product. This feature was put in by S2Games for a certain purpose.

The Salvage team's role as I understand it isn't to change the product, nor is it in their authority.
That's why they do not stray from the intentions of the original authors of our game, with things like balance changes and the like..

Their role is fixing what's broken. This feature is obviously broken. Fix it or dump it, but obviously keeping it as is won't do a lot of good, especially if we intend to get anywhere near "commercial" level eventually.

Last edited by SonOfAthena; 01-01-2012 at 02:57 PM.
SonOfAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #22
Inoyoulikeme

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfAthena View Post
Important or not, it contributes to the integrity of the product. This feature was put in by S2Games for a certain purpose.

The Salvage team's role as I understand it isn't to change the product, nor is it in their authority.
They do not stray from the intentions of the original authors of our game, with things like balance changes etc..

Their role is fixing what's broken. This feature is broken. Fix it or dump it, but obviously keeping it as is won't do a lot of good, especially if we intend to get anywhere near "commercial" level eventually.
The feature is not broken, it works as it was implemented to and that's all that is required.

Either way trying to fix something that minor is not what is needed at the moment, and you are not in any place to tell the 'Salvage' team what they should be focusing on, since your entire existance in this community is forum-based.
Inoyoulikeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #23
SonOfAthena

It's broken because it doesn't accurately show the stats. It was intended to measure the total amount of kills , deaths, etc.. in the match, not those of the people who were playing when the match ended. That much is obvious.

I'm not in any place to tell the Salvage team what their job is. I am however in a place to remind them what they claimed to be their job for a long time now in various posts. My "Forum existence" means I know everything that goes on in this forum.

I'll add that your approach is wrong from a professional perspective. Any issue is important, no matter how "Minor" or "Major" it is. In-fact, "Minor" issues are a lot simpler to fix than "Major" ones, during the absolute majority of the time.

From what I understand, the Salvage team basically took on half of S2's job in regards to the actual game itself.

The 2 jobs are the manipulation(changing, removing, adding) of content, as well as the solution of problems with existing content.
Salvage took on the ladder task, as well as partially- promotion.

Now, I know I'm being all high and mighty here, quite frankly, I may be a bit over-confident over this and will be told off at any given moment.

I am simply stating my opinion, while trying to be objective about it;
Your attitude does not help the game in any way, shape, or form.

Please take this seriously.

-----------------------
P.S: I have actually played and enjoyed a good bit of games recently(which you would know if you actually bothered to read my recent thread(s)).

However, I cannot do several things at once, and atm I'm doing something quite a bit more addicting than Savage 2. I play Savage 2 and browse the forums for similar reasons- it's fun. I would not do either if they weren't fun.

Playing Savage 2 too often ruins that fun, so I don't.

I do not plan to neither play Savage 2 all day long like you just to change the way you think about me, nor do I understand your bitterness.

Quite frankly, I think I'm not alone in this matter.

Last edited by SonOfAthena; 01-01-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #24
Inoyoulikeme

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfAthena View Post
It's broken because it doesn't accurately show the stats. It was intended to measure the total amount of kills , deaths, etc.. in the match, not those of the people who were playing when the match ended. That much is obvious.
Bugs can occur if either system of stat recording were used.

Quote:
I'm not in any place to tell the Salvage team what their job is. I am however in a place to remind them what they claimed to be their job for a long time now in various posts. My "Forum existence" means I know everything that goes on in this forum.
No, it doesn't, not that it'd matter if you did happen to anyway, since this forum is a shitcloud of unmoderated idiots. You are also not in any place to tell them what to do as they have not informed you or anyone else what they are currently doing in Savage 2 and also have personal lives to attend to.

Quote:
I'll add that your approach is wrong from a professional perspective. Any issue is important, no matter how "Minor" or "Major" it is. In-fact, "Minor" issues are a lot simpler to fix than "Major" ones, during the absolute majority of the time.
You have no professional perspective. Major issues are the most noticeable and therefore give the most impression of the game.

Quote:
From what I understand, the Salvage team basically took on half of S2's job in regards to the actual game itself.
You do not understand anyway, but S2 takes zero part in the upkeep and maintainance of this game, apart from not cancelling the very outdated servers (which would probably be because they are lazy).

Quote:
The 2 jobs are the manipulation(changing, removing, adding) of content, as well as the solution of problems with existing content.
There is priority of certain tasks, I would much rather let them work on things like the current Desura announcement than a minor stat calculation bug, in comparison it is a complete waste of time.

Quote:
Salvage took on the ladder task, as well as partially- promotion.
Latter*, and you cannot assume just because you do not see any progress that it means there is none. There are priorities, and this would be at the very very very bottom of that list because it is litterally meaningless.

Quote:
Now, I know I'm being all high and mighty here, quite frankly, I may be a bit over-confident over this and will be told off at any given moment.
You know nothing at all about what you're saying, and 99% of your posts are spam, deleting them all from the forum would actually not be noticed by anyone.

Quote:
I am simply stating my opinion, while trying to be objective about it;
Your attitude does not help the game in any way, shape, or form.

Please take this seriously.
My attitude has developed from seeing noobs join the game, play for a few hours, then start posting on the forums as if they know everything about everything. I have little patience for the likes of you either way.

-----------------------
Quote:
P.S: I have actually played and enjoyed a good bit of games recently(which you would know if you actually bothered to read my recent thread(s)).
Every post you make is spam, that's why you are on my ignore list, I just check a few replies here and there to see if you're actually making a serious post, I am not often pleasently surprised.

Quote:
However, I cannot do several things at once, and atm I'm doing something quite a bit more addicting than Savage 2. I play Savage 2 and browse the forums for similar reasons- it's fun. I would not do either if they weren't fun.
Nobody wants you to, but you cannot have an objective opinion if you know little to nothing about the game you are discussing.

Quote:
Playing Savage 2 too often ruins that fun, so I don't.
See above.

Quote:
I do not plan to neither play Savage 2 all day long like you just to change the way you think about me, nor do I understand your bitterness.
I don't care about anyone currently in this community and my bitterness reflects that quite nicely, thank you.

Quote:
Quite frankly, I think I'm not alone in this matter.
Perhaps not, but it's likely that anyone who shares your opinions has a similar level of knowledge; none.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #25
SonOfAthena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoyoulikeme View Post
Bugs can occur if either system of stat recording were used.
For example? I think it would be self explanatory that a system that's supposed to track the stats for a specific game tracked the stats for that game... not the stats of the people who didn't rage quit.
Quote:
No, it doesn't, not that it'd matter if you did happen to anyway, since this forum is a shitcloud of unmoderated idiots. You are also not in any place to tell them what to do as they have not informed you or anyone else what they are currently doing in Savage 2 and also have personal lives to attend to.
Yes, it kinda does. As for the forum- you're still here.
As for telling them what to do, I think I clearly pointed out that what I'm actually doing is telling you to stfu and take your bitterness with you, explaining why you should stfu.

At least right now. You also seem to be unable to distinguish between nosiness and bossiness.

I'm saying all of this because I care. Unlike you(which you have stated already..which I might mention makes your opinion in that regard less credible. Clearly, your experience is your only redeeming factor in regards to this community. That's not enough, sorry)
Quote:
You have no professional perspective. Major issues are the most noticeable and therefore give the most impression of the game.
You don't need a diploma to figure it out. I've played many, many online games in my time;
No self respecting company ignores an issue just because it's minor. An issue is an issue.

You can check nearly any patch note. Get a clue, please.
Quote:
You do not understand anyway, but S2 takes zero part in the upkeep and maintainance of this game, apart from not cancelling the very outdated servers (which would probably be because they are lazy).
How is that relevant to the argument? They are the ones who made this game, and the Salvage team is doing its best to maintain what they left behind. Again, I'm pretty sure the "match" stats were intended to record the stats of a..match. Not the people who didn't rage quit.
Quote:
There is priority of certain tasks, I would much rather let them work on things like the current Desura announcement than a minor stat calculation bug, in comparison it is a complete waste of time.
I'm sure stony already has this covered. I'm rather sure "diplomacy" doesn't require as much time investment as say..coding. That's what the rest of the team is for, and they've done a mighty fine job at it thus far.

This is a minor tweak that requires almost no effort. Again, stfu and please, for the love of god- do us all a favor and get rid of that bitterness of your's. You're ruining the mood.
Quote:
Latter*, and you cannot assume just because you do not see any progress that it means there is none. There are priorities, and this would be at the very very very bottom of that list because it is litterally meaningless.
Ever heard of Chuck Testa?
Quote:
You know nothing at all about what you're saying, and 99% of your posts are spam, deleting them all from the forum would actually not be noticed by anyone.
If you think 99% of my posts are spam(HOW DARE YOU ), you obviously don't know what you're talking about either. y u hatin'?
Quote:
My attitude has developed from seeing noobs join the game, play for a few hours, then start posting on the forums as if they know everything about everything. I have little patience for the likes of you either way.
I can hardly be considered a "noob" anymore. Tyvm
--------------------------------
Quote:
Every post you make is spam, that's why you are on my ignore list, I just check a few replies here and there to see if you're actually making a serious post, I am not often pleasently surprised.
Sure I am. That's why you're replying to so many posts I make, right?
Quote:
Nobody wants you to, but you cannot have an objective opinion if you know little to nothing about the game you are discussing.
Oh you mean circling and...general melee skills?
Quote:
See above.
See above and below. Also, BEHIND YOU. *throws cake*
What a waste... Should have used a pop-tart
Quote:
I don't care about anyone currently in this community and my bitterness reflects that quite nicely, thank you.
You're still here though.
Quote:
Perhaps not, but it's likely that anyone who shares your opinions has a similar level of knowledge; none.
Ino, that sounds cool and all, but I think you've already made it clear that you think no one has the level of...knowledge as you. Irrelevant to whether they disagree with you or not. /e: Noticed some grammar mistakes.

Last edited by SonOfAthena; 01-01-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #26
Inoyoulikeme

Thank God for ignore list <3
Old 01-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #27
Xigbar

Sorry SoA. You are pretty average at the game, and I'm not being an asshole.
Secondly, anyone can play a thousand online games, can you iunderstand the mechanics and the reasoning, though?
Thirdly, get on topic.
It's time to take up the last defense. It's time to become as close to real as possible. I was found to be shining bright. When the day comes that I become greater than you, you can pick up your cards and play them again, the last one will fall and I'll pick you up, and carry you into the Door to Light.
and my heart will come alive.
Xigbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #28
SonOfAthena

I never said I'm above average at the game(Though I'm no noob). That's irrelevant to the topic;
Skill is a testament of practice. It has nothing to do with actual knowledge.

What mechanics? Every online game I've played since I was a young teen regarded both minor and major issues. In-fact, I'd say the amount of minor issues being fixed was outweighed the amount of major ones;
There are more of them, and each one is easier to fix.

The topic has already been exhausted. When a topic of a thread gets exhausted, the thread either dies or gets derailed. There is nothing unusual or even negative about this. Unless anyone here would like to say something on the topic?

Last edited by SonOfAthena; 01-01-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:54 AM   #29
MBomber
Community Moderator

Iono how this topic turned from beginning servers to issues of stat recording.

I think beginner servers are going to be important for when this whole Desura thing goes underway. These people are going to want to dip their feet in the shallow end of the pool. They're not going to have fun if they're constantly drowning.

Does smoke in this game lag out your computer? Then STOP SMOKING!

MBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:14 AM   #30
SonOfAthena

Personally, I think the harm would out-weight the net-gain from this.

We've already discussed the issue with beginner servers. If you can call normal servers "farming", you should see what goes on in beginner servers. Can't be too naive about it.

The game itself is fun. Learning is fun, and dying is fun. I think I spent about 20 minutes on the duel servers just getting pwned by Akhanor. And I enjoyed it. I don't even know why...something about this game.

You can stone me to death...(Hehe...stone...), but I humbly don't think the learning curve is as bad of an issue as you make it out to be, and separating the newbies from the pros won't do much good either;
If we play together; we learn more and have more fun. (I'm plagiarizing Miria from Claymore here...)

Instead, concentrate your efforts on things that would help the newbies learn and adapt. I cannot give much input about this, but I already know some of this is in progress, so I'm hoping for the best.

P.S: I just got an idea for a new thread.