Go Back   Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Introduce Yourself New to Savage 2? Stop in and say hi!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 07:50 AM   #21
Acebenii

Yeah any good clan in eu region?
Old 08-25-2010, 07:51 AM   #22
CypherZ

I recommend you post in the Clan & Competitive play section describing your play times, your style, and what you like to do in savage 2 as well as where you believe you stand.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:39 AM   #23
KraGeRzR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebenii View Post
About the graphics being meh: If you have ever played crysis on over 30fps and on great settings you can never go back Its a damn nice tech demo, with good gameplay (Ps: Cs sucks)
I think I love you. Being able to witness Crysis on highest settings over 40 FPS (in my case) is something special. Every other game pales in comparison.

I played Crysis over and over again. It felt more like a living breathing world than any RPG.

Oblivion developed on CryEngine 3 with more of everything + Morrowind + Skyrim + Summerset Isles + Daggerfall as playable areas ingame - I would sell my soul to play it for the rest of my life.

I really hope someone does develop a vast RPG on CryEngine 3 in the future.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:02 AM   #24
Acebenii

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraGeRzR View Post
I think I love you. Being able to witness Crysis on highest settings over 40 FPS (in my case) is something special. Every other game pales in comparison.

I played Crysis over and over again. It felt more like a living breathing world than any RPG.

Oblivion developed on CryEngine 3 with more of everything + Morrowind + Skyrim + Summerset Isles + Daggerfall as playable areas ingame - I would sell my soul to play it for the rest of my life.

I really hope someone does develop a vast RPG on CryEngine 3 in the future.
I love you too! They are in fact doing an mmo rpg (more like an mo) with Cryengine 3 called "Forged by Chaos", it looks nice, but gameplay is a mystery still.

And I would also sell my soul for a Bethesda game to be developed in Cryengine 3!!!!!

Luckily the plan for Crytech is MAXIMUM DOMINATION with their engine due to launching cryengine to every nextgen console + PC + 3d! This will probably end with Cryengine>Unreal Hopefully... Streamlining is key in engine software, theres a million formats (engines) each for every game. Do you buy a new monitor for each picture you view?

TLDR Crytech rules imo and so does Bethesda:

Crytech + Bethesda= AWESOME WIN YOU GET FREE INTERNET LIFETIME

Last edited by Acebenii; 08-25-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:19 AM   #25
NingosSmurf

Quote:
except darkfall!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #26
KraGeRzR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebenii View Post
I love you too! They are in fact doing an mmo rpg (more like an mo) with Cryengine 3 called "Forged by Chaos", it looks nice, but gameplay is a mystery still.

And I would also sell my soul for a Bethesda game to be developed in Cryengine 3!!!!!

Luckily the plan for Crytech is MAXIMUM DOMINATION with their engine due to launching cryengine to every nextgen console + PC + 3d! This will probably end with Cryengine>Unreal Hopefully... Streamlining is key in engine software, theres a million formats (engines) each for every game. Do you buy a new monitor for each picture you view?

TLDR Crytech rules imo and so does Bethesda:

Crytech + Bethesda= AWESOME WIN YOU GET FREE INTERNET LIFETIME
Forged by Chaos looks interesting.

The Unreal Engine looks nice but would be much better suited to a fantasy heavy game due to the unrealistic nature of it's visuals. Something about it doesn't feel right for realism.
Batman Arkham Asylum is the most recent game developed with Unreal that I've played and liked, with its upgrade system the second most satisfying in any game.

CryEngine 2 and 3 are far more realistic and looks cleaner than Unreal Engine. My personal absolute favorite.

The Farcry 2 Dunia engine is similar to Unreal Engine in that it has a more artistic slant than a realistic one.

The Witcher Aurora engine is dated but does the game justice. I found the character development system in The Witcher to be the most satisfying in any game. Most upgrades had a direct and visceral effect on combat or general gameplay.

The Oblivion/Fallout engine is definitely dated, and I really hope Fallout IV: New Vegas adds new technologies to the old mix, or I'll be rather let down. Due to the nature of Oblivion, however, it's more forgivable because of the vastness of the gameworld and the amount of stuff to do. I found Fallout 3 fun but not too deep, not warranting a replay. Currently I'm playing Oblivion for the second time. Last time I just explored and did sidequests for 70 hours. I spent hours modding as well; my favorites are BananaSplit's Better Cities mod and Tamriel NPCs Revamped.

A few years ago my older brother (or rather, his PC, when he was absent ) introduced me to Crysis, Rainbow Six Vegas 1, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl.
A year later I got my own rig and started playing each of those with the exception of S.T.A.L.K.E.R, which I got just recently.
I loved STALKER, it was as close to the perfect game as I could have wanted. It did Fallout better than Fallout 3 did Fallout. Or more specifically, it presented a rugged, brutal, and terrifying world in an extremely convincing way that superseded Fallout 3 in almost every way.
There is a mod for STALKER called the S.T.A.L.K.E.R Complete 2009 Mod which updates and improves the game in every way possible, as well as add Crysis level graphics to the game. Suddenly the perfect game turns into something even better. HOW CAN THIS BE!

Buying a new monitor for each picture might be classified as a psychological problem.... lol.

I find it hard to dislike games in general. But the only game I've ever really hated was Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2.
Intensely unsatisfying - from the wooden and muffled sounds of bullets striking enemies to the awful voice acting, the ok storyline, the frustratingly hard difficulty level.... It went on and on. After hours of frustration from dying over and over only tempered somewhat by the bearable story, I finished it, never to play the damn thing again.

Another game I found it possible to dislike was Trackmania Nations. It stopped being fun after I found that completing a level took an almost puzzle like approach, where a certain set of movements was necessary to win. It was addictive but I still didn't like it much.

My favorite racing game was Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights for the PS2. I didn't have a memory chip for the PS2 at the time, which meant I couldn't save progress. Which meant I played as much of the game as I could in one sitting, then went back and played it all again. The interesting thing was, I was getting better and better at the game. I actually got bloody good at it, to the point where earning 1 million drift points in one drift in a Drift King challenge was easy and even fun. I even started using cars I never would have dreamed of before, simply because my skills were beginning to be able to accommodate them.

My personal view: racing games are totally console friendly and are much more at home there. I used to play Project Gotham 3 and 4 against my older brother on an Xbox 360 and found it much easier than a PC racing game. Especially after I drifted around 10 consecutive corners in a narrow part of the track without touching the wall once, which put me well in the lead.

If I get another Xbox 360, PGR4 is the first game I'm getting for it. Second will be Halo Reach.

TL;DR Read the damn thing, u lazy mofo.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:34 AM   #27
KraGeRzR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NingosSmurf View Post
except darkfall!
A lol for your thoughts.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #28
miva2

Hmm I like this idea.
I think we'll get to use the newest CryEngine at our school in second year. Too bad i have to wait a year extra

Forged by Chaos was what they called Project Kigdoms? I saw they were looking for quite some reinforcements for that (probably for their fairly new UK base, or did they have a newer one? Don't remember, too lazy to research.). Crytek is an interesting company to keep your eyes on.
I played Far Cry last year, awesome game. The environment amazed me even though it's an old game. The multiplayer was meh, but my dad's still addicted to it, somehow. Only played Crysis at a friends house, awesome game too.

And I agree with your description of Savage2 "unique and awesome". I'm looking forward to Sav3, hope they will make it more unique. It's a nice mix of genres but it could be more unique. The leveling and skills are still basic mmorpg elements, as are the different classes(also like mp shooters). I've always been looking for an online slasher though. Maybe it would be more interesting to replace the skills with different melee combo's But that's just my take on it.

OH NOOES!!

edit: damn that was long, but I read it xD

so you liked RSvegas but disliked GRAW. Tom Clancy's games are pretty weird sometimes. i played RS: Lockdown on pc (lol even had to look up the name) but it was terrible. It was just uncontrollable and uninteresting. It was just not fun to play. I think I played 1 or 2 missions, don't remember much form the game. Except for doing an easy part in a garage over again a few times cause the controls suck. i likes RS3(ps2), not very much but enjoyed it. I used to have an awesome demo for one of the older R6 games. It was great. Really played that demo a lot. I think even more than some full games. Also the TC's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow demo. SPent many hours in it, it was great. bought PT for ps2 and CT for pc. Especially liked the multiplayer. In my opinion one of the best multiplayer games I've played. Played the HAWX demo on ps3 and it was really boring and stupid. I like flying games and was excited for it but I just didn't like it. I have a weird relationship with TC's games...

Trackmania nations, cool idea and I know some people who are really into it but yeah. Is the game actually good? I think not. I like the puzzle approach, but yeah, pc racing game with keyboard? Not really the best idea. Hope the driving in ID's Rage will be good.

I should play STALKER, oblivion, Fallout. a shame I let those pass to me. They are on my radar though.

Last edited by miva2; 08-25-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:49 AM   #29
KraGeRzR

Quote:
Originally Posted by miva2 View Post
I played Far Cry last year, awesome game. The environment amazed me even though it's an old game.
When I played Farcry I wasn't prepared for the way that 3 missions it would turn into a horror fest.
I was a bit surprised by the ridiculous over-the-top -ness of the game. By the end you're taking on giant brutes of enemies and superfast and strong superhuman mutants. It felt a bit silly tbh, and had more or a Serious Sam feel to it.
I would have preferred that instead of one mega-tough little man versus hordes of mutant beasts, they could have leveled the playing field by providing you with a tank, or mech. But as I said, it had a Serious Sam feel due to the unrealism of pitting one man against a horde of monsters.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:58 AM   #30
miva2

Quote:
When I played Farcry I wasn't prepared for the way that 3 missions it would turn into a horror fest.
I was a bit surprised by the ridiculous over-the-top -ness of the game. By the end you're taking on giant brutes of enemies and superfast and strong superhuman mutants. It felt a bit silly tbh, and had more or a Serious Sam feel to it.
I would have preferred that instead of one mega-tough little man versus hordes of mutant beasts, they could have leveled the playing field by providing you with a tank, or mech. But as I said, it had a Serious Sam feel due to the unrealism of pitting one man against a horde of monsters.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I litterally LOL'd when I realized I had to fight mutated monkeys. But it still delivered a great experience.
Sill need to finish the last mission (I hope it's the last!) but I can't seem to pass an impossible part...
Some place where there is a huge weapon depot. Then you have to open 2 gates. They close down behind you and then have to run accross some sort of wasteland with those big guys with bazookas and snipers further on a bridge.
Closed Thread