Go Back   Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Introduce Yourself New to Savage 2? Stop in and say hi!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #11
Dark_Strider

Got me curios too, whats up Xiric.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #12
cabecudo

Just tell me why does he need to explain at all? Isn't it obvious S2 Games doesn't give a **** about Savage 2 anymore that's one
The other one is the community in HoN is full of faggots plus every hero that comes out is extremetily Stupid ones

S2 games = worst company ever losing a game like this and ofc HoN will die when Dota2 comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2stony View Post
I dont know what the fuck you are talking about xigbar.
No one does :(
Old 05-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #13
Azcin

yeah not much to explain other than they havnt touched this game for like 3 or 4 years :P
Old 05-07-2011, 01:01 PM   #14
Taawus
Area Moderator

Haters gonna hate.

FORUM GAMES
Old 05-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #15
coolnesss
Area Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabecudo View Post
Just tell me why does he need to explain at all? Isn't it obvious S2 Games doesn't give a **** about Savage 2 anymore that's one
The other one is the community in HoN is full of faggots plus every hero that comes out is extremetily Stupid ones

S2 games = worst company ever losing a game like this and ofc HoN will die when Dota2 comes out.
Cause he made a raeg tread about him leaving?
Old 05-07-2011, 03:32 PM   #16
cabecudo

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnesss View Post
Cause he made a raeg tread about him leaving?
Don't tell me you are that stupid that doesn't knows the reason . Even Azcin the troll got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2stony View Post
I dont know what the fuck you are talking about xigbar.
No one does :(
Old 05-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #17
Impeeched

Quote:
S2 games = worst company ever losing a game like this
They supported savage 2 for over a year after it was an obvious failure financially. Do you expect more?

Anything they do for Savage 2 now is generous and uncalled for (but we would love it)
Old 05-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #18
Taawus
Area Moderator

^Dat .

FORUM GAMES
Old 05-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #19
Sly_Squash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impeeched View Post
They supported savage 2 for over a year after it was an obvious failure financially. Do you expect more?
I don't know that I call that generosity. I suspect it was largely a PR move. They have a reputation for Savage 1 as having "abandoned" the game. Their dissatisfaction with such branding motivated them to promise at least one year of support for Savage 2; this was aligned to compel players that were wary that the company would do the same thing again to buy Savage 2. Now, they did continue support for several months past the promised year, but if you think the state of the game is bad as it stands now you should really imagine the state the game would have been in had they high-tailed to the mountains as soon as the promised support period expired. This marks a time just after they had made sweeping changes across various mechanics of the game yet had not begun sorting out the ensuing ripples (balance changes, fine tuning the new mechanics to be playable, etc.) Instituting such an immense change that would require immense refactoring and then not following through would have probably been worse for the reputation of their company than just abandoning it; they largely had no choice but to continue support until at least the major stuff was ironed out if they wanted their company to have any semblance of a respectable reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodom_Child View Post
S2games helping out:

Old 05-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #20
XiriC

Location: /etc/hosts 127.0.0.1 savage2.com #127.0.0.1 forums.savage2.com

I said I wasn't going to say anything more,but perhaps I should leave an explanation behind, was late yesterday and had no time to explain myself.

First time I heard about S2Games was with Savage 1, found it an awesome game, and soon was the only game I played around 2003, and for some years till Savage2 came out.

I felt in love with a small company that made such an awesome game, and for free!I did tell ,also its community improving the game, and creating SavageXR.

When Savage 2 was released I didn't doubt a second and bought it, even tho first games I didn't like (was perhaps expecting a remake of savage1),
still, I ended loving the game, and started trying to improve my gameplay, and getting better (or at least thats what my SF said),
and even having lot of fun games, when Master Server was up,ofc, if it was late you could just forget till next day about Savage2.

I bought runes few times, to use them, and same time donate, since servers arent free.

From one day to another all servers started to lag more,and show totally innacurate latency numbers in browser.
And so it has been since that day, for no known reason (which there must be),
game allows to create accounts, you don't even need a mail confirmation (retarded?) ofc there will be smurfs.
I had some savage2 games last month, Lag + Smurfs = [FECAL MATTERS]. Thought 'nah this game is dead, let's go play HoN'

Still waiting ... remember the "Savage2 and you" thread?

Back in winter 2009 I started playing HoN in the open beta. Even tho I didn't like the basic concept of the game I gave it a try,
in 2 weeks I was playing and improving fast, and most games where moreless even, and having fun with it!

Beta ends, and after a few months I buy the game for my brother and for me + an extra account the 10$ offer day.(It's not much money, but neither am I rich)

My 1th surprise, hey! my PSR didnt get reseted, nice, but.. I can to pay to reset it? ($_$)
Oh wait and if a high PSR/MMR player buys a low PSR/MMR account?

Could deal with this stuff, only playing public games, checking stats and kicking (or leaving) when u notice fake player/s,
this will take 45 minutes at least, when possible, in my area.

Our game got a NO LEAVER SYSTEM! , (that can be avoided by giving us your money $_$).
Our game got a ranking system to get you matched against player of your same skill, (but since you can buy multiple accounts + reset your stats its totally innacurate $_$)
Our game got icons,skins etc.., that you can buy.$_$ (remembers the good old days when u could upload ur icon in Savage1 for the only cost of uploading it)

I understand there must be some money income, but I feel like allowing to reset stats (and specially the selective way it can be done) is destroying its use,and encouraging to spend money on it in order to get you in either much lower brackets to stomp, or higher ones to get you 'carried up'.

All this is still -acceptable-

But, why every patch comes with some exploit, that is instantly known and used.

How comes people can magically go from 1500 MMR to 1200, over and over again? while having 91% wins and kd over 4 (This is/was in hon forums,and is only 1 example out of lots, but can't find since hon forums are down atm ..weird)

Perhaps some internal problems with S2Staff?

S2Games isn't the nice indie company it was.

Last edited by XiriC; 05-07-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Closed Thread