Go Back   Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum > Tips & Strategies

Notices

Tips & Strategies A place to share tips and strategies with other players.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:47 AM   #11
Sharaleth

I've only managed to control the enemy like that a couple of times, not as often as I'd like, since I'm not that good yet. I'd like to re-emphasize that stopping moving is the worst thing you can do, as even when you're blocking you're still moving a bit, but when you stop they surround you entirely. Consequently, getting blocked when you're trying to move is really bad, so assuming that there are no "helpful" allies around the worst thing you can do is try to weave instead of just circling around. Weaving has to be done fast, with a large enough opening, and sometimes can only be done with charge, and is really dangerous if they swing at you from two directions or block you.
Sharaleth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:42 AM   #12
Marlbrow

Default A very nice post!

However, this tactic only works on nubs. If you ever try and crowd control a group I'm in ... You'll die via the gank/ block any hits you try and get in quickly/ as well as charge behind your or stun you (if I'm savage) in that split second you will finally cop the 6 or so hits which you were trying to avoid .

I usually stop holding shift and wait till my team mates die then commence a one vs one it is annoying when guys who can't aim well get in your way and block your path to the enemy (but hey thats part of the tactic right leyleth?)

You'll notice that if you ever try and group fight to or three pros together, One will block you while the other two come round from the side and eventually you will die.

One other note is that if you see a fighter doing this too a group of ally's and you are a chaplain. Spam heals on the group , pro gets angry comes after you, simply block all his attacks cause most guys just spam click chaplains on the first try and by that time rest of group falls on him. If not just keep healing the guys he's trying to kill (he will get angry), a fighter can only focus on why guy at time when in a group.

Lol just remember I HAVE DONE THIS TO SHARALETH ^^^^^^^ LOOK UP

A VERY NICE POST!

While I didn't get to play in the clan match (which resulted in the rapage of kik) It seems that internode was destroyed that week, and it never returned. All blame then should be put on me for destroying the Southern Hemisphere community.

How many of you can say that?

It rivals the story of Portal http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php....html#msg92854
Marlbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:38 AM   #13
Leyleth
Community Moderator

These are some excellent points, guys. Thank you .

Marlbrow is correct in saying that this strategy is not ideal for taking out a squad of Vets by yourself.

However, if you're surrounded by 3 noobs and 1 vet? Easy.

A good healer will put an end to anyone, but especially 1 guy against a group of people.

Typically if I encounter a healer or some Vets, I will switch targets for a few seconds if I need to get my block meter back, or if I need stamina/health I'll get an easy kill. Even if you don't "focus" on the vets in the battle, you eventually get back to them and hopefully by that time your team as taken some of their health down, making your job easier.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:13 AM   #14
Art_

I'm not the best at group fighting(not due to skill, but the fact that my FPS tends to go to **** when there is a lot of action going), but I understand the rules of engagement very well. When I see a crowd of people, this is what I do.

1. Take note of all their HP. If any of them are low, target them first.
2. There will always be 1-2 rangers. They will be the next target if you can't finish off the low hp people. They take more damage, so attempt to get behind them if possible.
3. Judge if the healer that is with them(there is almost always a healer) is good or not. If the healer is just shooting bolts at you/attacking with the crowd...chances are he sucks and won't be a problem.
4. If the healer is good, try to finish him off next if possible.
5. If you cant, at least do as much damage to everyone as much as possible. The healer can only do a group heal once every 30 or so seconds, so finish people off as quickly as possible.

As Leyleth stated, if you are a fighter, you will have at least lungs and a heart. So If you do kill someone, you will get some HP back and most of your stam(plus a small movement speed). If you can get a feel for blocking their attacks, you can pretty much keep your block meter going constantly. I've actually been accused of hacking because of this fact.

One thing to remember is you have to fight differently depending on what unit you are. Once you get a Pred/Lego, group fighting is extremely easier(more so for people without runes). Use your ranged AoE to your advatange by slapping off a round between blocks. You really dont want people to be potting if you are fighting them as a group.

It is rare that you actually manage to kill EVERYONE in the group(for me anyways), but as long as you've killed at least 2-3 people...you should leave the fight with a sense of pride.
Art_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #15
KraGeRzR

Hey Marl... welcome to the forums...
Old 03-21-2010, 12:46 PM   #16
Seraphin
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_ View Post
Once you get a Pred/Lego, group fighting is extremely easier.
That's true i guess for most people, but then it becomes a completely different type of group fighting when strength comes into the picture. A key part of fighting a group as a regular unit is moving between the open spaces as a marksman or glide striking through a group of enemies. In my experience, the less mobile i am, the less successful i am at fighting groups in tight spots. When i play pred/lego i basically run around and try to hit anything that moves. When i fight a group as a hunter/marksman, i tend to wait for the enemies to approach me. I only get aggressive after i've weakened the enemy.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:37 PM   #17
Ecliptik

Great guide Leyleth imo you are best group fighter on the game, if not your in the top 3, i remember commanding with you, you telling me to buff others even though you fought like 7 and like 2 mins later and you had a bit of health left and they were dead.

Proud Backstabber since February 2009.
Ecliptik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:07 PM   #18
IDakota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecliptik View Post
Great guide Leyleth imo you are best group fighter on the game, if not your in the top 3, i remember commanding with you, you telling me to buff others even though you fought like 7 and like 2 mins later and you had a bit of health left and they were dead.
i have not played with Leyleth yet, but the way everyone speaks about him, he sounds pretty god damn beastly...

"Science does not know its debt to imagination." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." - Albert Einstein
IDakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:22 PM   #19
Ecliptik

Beastly... he aint beastly, more like... godly but with deaths occasionally :P

Proud Backstabber since February 2009.
Ecliptik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #20
CypherZ

The opposite of french while being french.