Go Back   Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum > Tips & Strategies

Notices

Tips & Strategies A place to share tips and strategies with other players.

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
jameslyle2

Default Newbies Guide on Savage2

A. Basics of the Game
1. What to choose
2. Classes
3. Squad and Squad Leaders
4. The Commander

B. Human Team
1. Builder
2. Savage
3. Marksman
4. Legionnaire
5. Chaplain
6. Siege Units
A. Trebuchet/Steambuchet
B. Battering Ram

C. Beast Team
1. Conjurer
2. Hunter
3. Shapeshifter
4. Predator
5. Shamn
6. Siege Units
A. Tempest
B. Behemoth

D.Tips And Tricks
1. Human Team
A. Builder
B. Savage
C. Marksman
D. Legionnaire
E. Chaplain
F. Trebuchet/Steambuchet
G. Battering Ram

2. Beast Team
A. Conjurer
B. Hunter
C. Shapeshifter
D. Predator
E. Shaman
F. Tempest
G. Behemoth

E.Melee and Range
1.Melee
A.Advantage
B.Disadvantage

2.Range
A.Advantage
B.Disadvantage
Old 06-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
jameslyle2

Default A.Basics of The Game

1.What to Choose
Everytime you choose a server to join in there will be always the option to choose a team,the first one is:

A.Human Team:
The Human Team is very friendly to new beginners because the Human Team have the best range if compared to the Beast Team,so i advised you to choose this team if you are a newbie but don't always use range as range also has its disadvantages and 1 of them is that it deals less damage if compared to fighting in melee

This team specialty is Armor,Range and Speed

B.Beast Team
The Beast Team is much more harder to learn if compared to the human team,but if you do know how to play as a Beast,it will pay off but i only advised this Team to the people who want to learn fast or get a feeling of the battle

This Team specialty is Damage,Melee and Higher Health Points

2.Classes:
Each team have 7 classes,3 of them are basic units

A.Human Team
1. Builder
2. Savage
3. Marksman
4. Legionnaire
5. Chaplain
6. Siege Units
A. Trebuchet/Steambuchet
B. Battering Ram

B.Beast Team
1. Conjurer
2. Savage
3. Marksman
4. Legionnaire
5. Chaplain
6. Siege Units
A. Tempest
B. Behemoth

3.Squad and Squad Leaders:
When you have choose the team to your liking,there will be Squads and the Leader of that squad,Before you can go and play you will need to choose a squad

A Squad are compose of 4-6 people,1 of the people is the squad leader,the squad leader can place spawn portals, this spawn portal is only usable to the squad that place them

If you are near to your Squad leader,you wll get bonus buffs as this buffs is completely valuable to the heap of battle and can change the fight to the team you are on

If you've been choosen as a Squad Leader be sure to place the Spawn Portal near the fight but also place them in a safe spot where it cant be spotted easily

4.The Commander:
This is the guy that controls the operation of the team

Every commander has the ability to cast buff and debuff to the team he is on and to the enemy team,they can also place buildings and defensive structures(Towers)

Every team also need an experience commander,so dont go into the seat if you are new,ask the team first if they want you to be there commander so that you can practice as if you are in the seat by accidentally and still a newbie please resign if the team you are on is losing
Old 06-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #3
Ikearumba

A.Human Team:
The Human Team is very friendly to new beginners because the Human Team have the best range if compared to the Beast Team, so i advised you to choose this team if you are a newbie but don't always use range as range also has its disadvantages and 1 of them is that it deals less damage if compared to fighting in melee
This team specialty is Armor,Range and Speed

It's thinking like this which causes too many new players to spam click the human side and cause stacking. I don't think it's a good way of introducing the human side.

B.Beast Team
The Beast Team is much more harder to learn if compared to the human team,but if you do know how to play as a Beast,it will pay off but i only advised this Team to the people who want to learn fast or get a feeling of the battle

This Team specialty is Damage,Melee and Higher Health Points

Again, discouraging new players from beasts will lead to them stacking on the humans and getting smashed to pieces by better players. A better way of phrasing it would be:

A. Teams

You can choose the human team or the beast team. Both have useful units which are extremely effective in melee combat. Range is useful in addition to melee, however, melee does huge amounts of damage when compared to range, and should be used the majority of the time.

Both humans and beasts are good to fight with, and should be played equally to get a feel for the units on both sides.

To start with, it is recommended to play with one of the fighters on either side (marksman/savage for humans, shapeshifter/hunter for beasts) as they are important damage dealers on the team. Again, remember this is a melee orientated game. To get the most out of the game and gain more kills, learn to use melee effectively. For hints and tips, try watching a video or two on youtube, or ask veterans in the lobby for help.

Basically, the curse of savage 2 is new players standing still as humans and ranging, only to be torn apart repeatedly. They then get frustrated and quit. If they could learn from the start that good melee skills is the key to success, and to play both sides evenly, then we'd be in a much better situation.

I could go through the rest, but really there's comprehensive guides out there already- have you read them yourself to see what they say? If you want to carry on writing this guide i'll help you out with the phrasing if you want me to.

Last edited by Ikearumba; 06-01-2010 at 10:07 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ikearumba For This Useful Post:
SonOfAthena (08-27-2012)
Old 06-01-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
jameslyle2

B. Human Team
1. Builder:
This is a support class but it can also deal powerful blow to the enemy team and there base

This class can repair,build and help the commander with his abilities

But it can also help out the team with it's skill or its ability to deal more damage to buildings

The class has a handful of abilities to help the team and wreck havoc on the opposite,first of which is the ammo depot this skill can replenish the player's ammo if he use it,second is the sentry gun it can act both offensively and defensively and the last is the shield generator,the shield generator can block any incoming range and it can act as a friendly device or a dangerous device to the human team

I only advise this class to the players who want to help the team and not to the newbies

2. Savage

This is the mainstay class of the human team,it is a well balance class as it can survive a few blows but can also give out them,it has a handful of abilities that can help this class survive longer and deal more damage,this class also has powerful range and can act as a wall to prevent the enemy team from coming in

I advise this class to any players

3. Marksman
The specialty for this class is speed,using speed as its armor and weapon to kill and destroy the enemy team,but there is a downside the marksman is very easy to kill if not on the hands of a good player but it can also provide support to the team by placing bombs near the enemy buildings

I advise this class to any players but better in the hands of a good one

4. Legionnaire
This is the backbone of the human team,as it can act both as a tank and a killing machine able to dish out damage and recieve it aswell but the Legionnaire is completely weak if it ran out of stamina as the Legionnaire already has a slow attack speed and if ran out of stamina the class is also required you to pay 400 to use this class

I advise this to any players but always keep an eye on your stamina

5. Chaplain
This is a very important class to many players as it can help the team with its ability to heal,debuff an enemy and act as a nuissance to the enemy team,this class can heal,debuff and resurrect a player

6. Siege Units
Siege units are specialized in destroying buildings and there are only 2 types for each team

A.Trebuchet/Steambuchet
This Siege unit is specialized in taking buildings out from afar but it can also shoot and move at the same time

B. Battering Ram
This siege unit can deal more damage than the Trebuchet/Steambuchet but needed the player to get close to the building

For a better overview of the classes read this thread instead:
http://forums.savage2.com/showthread.php?t=22072
Old 06-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
jameslyle2

Default Beast Team

C.Beast Team
1. Conjurer:
The conjurer is almost like the Builder,able to help the commander with lots of things but it has a plant-like sentry that has slower fire of rate and have no shield generator but it does have an AoE root effect(Thanks to Heimdallson)

2. Hunter
It is almost like the savage but has a different set of skills to kill an enemy and also is the only class that has no range weapon,it is specialized in stopping an enemy to use items that can heal them but the Hunter also has a much wider attack range

I advised this to any players

3.Coming soon

Last edited by jameslyle2; 06-01-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #6
jameslyle2

Default Tips and Tricks

Coming soon
Old 06-01-2010, 10:37 AM   #7
jameslyle2

Default Melee and Range

Coming soon
Old 06-01-2010, 10:37 AM   #8
jameslyle2

I know that Ikeaumbra but we are recieving lots of new players this time,it would be better for them to learn faster than making them angry at the game for dying lots of time
Old 06-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #9
Heimdallson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslyle2 View Post
I know that Ikeaumbra but we are recieving lots of new players this time,it would be better for them to learn faster than making them angry at the game for dying lots of time
That was ikeas point. By telling new players to join the Human team, the problem of stacked beast teams gets even worse, resulting in a game that's nothing but frustrating for new players as they are not even given the chance to improve.

On a further note, you might want to ask someone else to check your text before posting it, there are quite a lot of mistakes and close to no punctuation. Ikearumba already offered help and I hereby do the same as I appreciate your effort.

There also are a few things you might want to point out - Conjurers and Builders might be similar but have differences as well that you might want to mention too, mainly that Conjurers do not have a Shield Generator but get a AoE root in return.
The Following User Says Thank You to Heimdallson For This Useful Post:
SonOfAthena (08-27-2012)
Old 06-01-2010, 01:34 PM   #10
bulletfire

Are you so hardcore that you would hit your d*ck with a hammer?
Then join the beast!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macola View Post
No hidden catch
No strings attach
Just free love.
Closed Thread