Go Back   Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum > Tips & Strategies

Notices

Tips & Strategies A place to share tips and strategies with other players.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:23 AM   #1
Xigbar

Default Tips and Tricks

Literally all the written instructions will only help you understand why. What NEDM said is best.

How do I take the least amount of damage possible, while dealing the most damage? You want to optimize everything. I'll give you some tips:

1. Melee does more damage than range. Range when they are running away or far out of reach.

2. Do not hold block. Your block meter will drain. Your block meter will break on the 3rd hit. stunning you. Successfully hit someone to regain 1/3rd of your block meter. Attacking someone's block will decrease movement speed and attack speed. Someone attacking your block will increase your attack speed.

3. You can chain your combos with special attacks. The best way to deal damage is with a Savage (swordsman). Do a full combo (3 swings) then after your third swing connects, use your 5 ability (DO NOT SCROLL. EVER.). Using 4 is just as good.

4. Attacking the enemy's back, or while they are ranging deals ~15% more damage. Each swing does more damage. Your first swing does the least, while your final swing does massive amounts of damage. Find a way to combine all the techniques to maximize your damage.

5. I highly suggest Wiwi's mod. Master pack if you have a good PC. If not, just get everything except Alt-Info. You want Alt-Info lite. There are other mods/fixes as well that are suggested. There's a list somewhere in the modding section.

6. Please don't use jump attacks. They waste your stamina and are easy to block.

7. Stay near your officer. Being within the aura of an officer (or being an officer) grants you +10% regeneration to health, mana, and stamina. Very crucial in the early stages of the game, as you do not have much stamina!

8. Always look on your map for a chance to spawn at your officer's portal. You can only spawn at YOUR officer's portal. A quick way to ask for a portal is to press v25, which will let your officer know that you are ready to spawn at a portal.

9. Portals and gadgets (sentry bats, electric eyes, demo charges, mana fountains, ammo depots, poisonous venus) give high amounts of gold and experience. Kill as many as possible.

10. Recommended items in order: 1 Major Health Potion (at all times). Lungs of Maliken, Heart of Maliken, and optional item. Your optional item can be +3 armor, healing trinket, or power of absorption.

11. Recommended stats in order: 4 agility, 4 endurance, 4 strength, 4 intel, 6 end 5 str, 10 end, 10 str, 15 str, 12 end, 5 agi.

12. Press B to donate whenever you have more than 950g, and once you get all your items, constantly donate. Your commander and your team will love you. If you have Wiwi's mod you can just use your Num Pad to donate as well.

That pretty much wraps up the features you would or wouldn't know. If you have more or other or more advanced questions feel free to private message me here or on our Facebook for Savage 2 --- CLICK ME HERE --- Log in with your Savage 2 information.

The rest is up for you to learn and make a reflex. I'll be glad to help with your fighting style. There's a group on PS2 for Basic Training. Join that.
It's time to take up the last defense. It's time to become as close to real as possible. I was found to be shining bright. When the day comes that I become greater than you, you can pick up your cards and play them again, the last one will fall and I'll pick you up, and carry you into the Door to Light.
and my heart will come alive.

Last edited by Xigbar; 02-05-2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Cleaning up and optimizing.
Xigbar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Xigbar For This Useful Post:
Angel_YQ (05-03-2012), Geveze (08-10-2012), Willow27 (03-29-2012), Yoshitsune (08-10-2012), `Lordy` (07-23-2013)
Old 09-04-2011, 03:12 AM   #2
SonOfAthena

Jump attacks can be very useful at times.
Like when you need to survive long enough to explode as a Shape Shifter.

Stats are personal preference and largely depend on ones playstyle, unit, and skill.
There is no "recommended" set for all roles. A label would be good.

Last edited by SonOfAthena; 09-04-2011 at 03:15 AM.
SonOfAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SonOfAthena For This Useful Post:
Rellikan (05-07-2012)
Old 09-04-2011, 03:17 AM   #3
Azcin

well he is aiming at newbs and no newb is good at stam control
Azcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:25 AM   #4
CypherZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfAthena View Post
There is no "recommended" set for all roles. A label would be good.
Any mention or further analysis on this is opening a massive can of worms that's not needed.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:06 AM   #5
SonOfAthena

Oh don't mind me.
I'm just nit picking.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:42 AM   #6
coolnesss
Area Moderator

Quote:
5. Please don't use jump attacks
What... Why?
Old 09-04-2011, 09:23 AM   #7
Xigbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnesss View Post
What... Why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcin View Post
^
Quote:
Originally Posted by CypherZ View Post
Any mention or further analysis on this is opening a massive can of worms that's not needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfAthena View Post
Oh don't mind me. I don't know what I'm talking about.
Noted.

Also revamped first post to look visually aesthetic and delicious.
It's time to take up the last defense. It's time to become as close to real as possible. I was found to be shining bright. When the day comes that I become greater than you, you can pick up your cards and play them again, the last one will fall and I'll pick you up, and carry you into the Door to Light.
and my heart will come alive.

Last edited by Xigbar; 09-04-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Xigbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #8
SonOfAthena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcin View Post
Just had another look.
If he's really aiming at noobs, why does he have Heart and lungs of maliken in the item list?

@Xigbar: You're an *******. Not an insult. Rather, a valid description.
Gj on the effort though.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #9
chrissi12321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xigbar View Post

1. Do not hold block. Your block meter will drain. Your block meter will break on the 3rd hit. stunning you. Successfully hit someone to regain 1/4th of your block meter. Attacking someone's block will decrease your attack speed and movement speed. Someone attacking your block will increase your attack speed.
edits in ?pink?

why not hold block??
chrissi12321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #10
Azcin

Lungs are the best item in the game..

Even if your healing or going for buildings..
Azcin is offline   Reply With Quote