Go Back   Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum > Tips & Strategies

Notices

Tips & Strategies A place to share tips and strategies with other players.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:16 AM   #1
Recktikos

Default targeting enemies

Is there no way to target or toggle through enemies and or allies in this game? Also, is there any way to strafe your movement?
Recktikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:55 AM   #2
Xigbar

Lol, you never hold W in fights. Never run into your opponent, always strafe using A/D or whatever side movements you have.

Why would you target or toggle? That takes the fun out of the game. This isn't Legend of Zelda :P
There are some snapcast abilities, for heals, debuffs, and stuff.
It's time to take up the last defense. It's time to become as close to real as possible. I was found to be shining bright. When the day comes that I become greater than you, you can pick up your cards and play them again, the last one will fall and I'll pick you up, and carry you into the Door to Light.
and my heart will come alive.
Xigbar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Xigbar For This Useful Post:
SonOfAthena (03-28-2012)
Old 03-28-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
Akhanor

Well you can target ennemies, but it's only usefull for range (so it's not that usefull, savage 2 is a melee oriented game), and only usefull with shapeshifter and chaplain (basically it will give you an auto-aim). This way of playing won't make sense if you're beginning, as it's pretty difficult to do and won't increase your DPS that much unless you're mastering it :

Shapeshifter : 6 - 3 - mouse 1 - 1 (you lock the target with the polymoph spell but without polymorphing, switch to lightning, use it, switch to melee. You gotta do it very quick to make it usefull)

Chaplain : 6 - 2 - mouse 1 - 1 (same idea, locking with armor debuff, ranging with holy bolt, turning back to melee. But only use it to prevent someone from potting - if he's low hp and didn't take damage for a couple of seconds - otherwise it's a waiste of mana for a healer).
Akhanor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Akhanor For This Useful Post:
SonOfAthena (03-28-2012)
Old 03-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
Geveze

You can use wiwi's altinfo also, to toggle enemies, or maybe pressing alt the whole game, which would be exhausting. I prefer altinfo anyways.
Geveze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
Shinda

You can man the fuck up and aim your-self. Also, you could try to stop trying to get an advantage over others.

Some players would have better accuracy then you without targeting. *cofAsarualimcof*
Shinda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shinda For This Useful Post:
SonOfAthena (03-29-2012)
Old 03-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #6
SonOfAthena

It wouldn't work on moving targets, which is another reason for it not to be there.

SonOfAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:09 AM   #7
GunSword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhanor View Post
Shapeshifter : 6 - 3 - mouse 1 - 1 (you lock the target with the polymoph spell but without polymorphing, switch to lightning, use it, switch to melee. You gotta do it very quick to make it usefull)

Chaplain : 6 - 2 - mouse 1 - 1 (same idea, locking with armor debuff, ranging with holy bolt, turning back to melee. But only use it to prevent someone from potting - if he's low hp and didn't take damage for a couple of seconds - otherwise it's a waiste of mana for a healer).
Assuming you and your target are both moving, wouldn't you have to switch and fire instantly? The targeting is only "sticky" if you don't move your mouse.

It'd be simpler to macro, and I suspect some people have already figured that out.
GunSword is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GunSword For This Useful Post:
SonOfAthena (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012, 06:52 PM   #8
Akhanor

Yes, you have to perform the combo very quickly. It works even if both you and your target are moving, as long as you're quick enough : nothing impossible, but it's tricky.

Indeed, that would be one of the thing wich would work great with a macro (especially because when you're doing the combo yourself with your hands and not a macro, there is always the risk to hit 7, wich is annoying when you're chap, and catastrophical when you're shapeshifter). That would also be extremely easy to spot in a replay I think, if a player is using a macro for that.
Akhanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #9
rancho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geveze View Post
You can use wiwi's altinfo also, to toggle enemies, or maybe pressing alt the whole game, which would be exhausting. I prefer altinfo anyways.
i think altinfo makes you oggle more than toggle
rancho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rancho For This Useful Post:
Geveze (03-31-2012)