Go Back   Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum > Savage 2 Servers

Notices

Savage 2 Servers Announcements, discussion, and information regarding the Savage 2 servers.

View Poll Results: What do you think about this idea?
A good idea, we should do that! 12 50.00%
Will end up in a total disaster. 12 50.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2013, 11:55 PM   #21
Geveze

Quote:
Originally Posted by meankitty2 View Post
most of today's pcs can run s2 with 80+ fps on the highest settings
try 15
Geveze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:39 AM   #22
Pidgeoni

Well, 40-man servers have their issues. The problem was discussed again in the past and the conclusion was that servers with too many slots destroy the gameplay. that's why I voted against this suggestion.

However, I know how annoying it is to look upon a single full server and have nothing to do. Perhaps the issue could be solved in other ways, like restoring a duel server...
Pidgeoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:18 AM   #23
meankitty2

Coil usually is being used as the duel server..

but again, its a 40 player slot

and geveze you need a new gpu :(

its just a shame for me to see that there are 10 players on the lobby and a full 30 player slots.. then when a game finally starts on jereziah people are switching and the 30 server slots empty, and it effects the playerbase imo.

maybe I overkilled with 40, but I think 34\36 server will suffice as well.
meankitty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:47 AM   #24
Sartassa

well kitty...its nice that you and me have the pw fot the coil server. but there are still people left who dont know and sometimes you get the feeling that this people who dont know really should get there to explore and learn how to fight....

btw refering to duel servers: could there be posted an instruction how to duel, as soon as entering it?
Sartassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #25
baltar

There's more than just a coil server to duel on. Another duel server is located far from EU, so all EU players can't play there without lags. That's why it's always empty. Don't remember if it's an official one but its name is written in blue.
And yeah, the question is not about coil server at all.

Last edited by baltar; 07-25-2013 at 10:19 AM.
baltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #26
DreamKnight1

Savage 2 once had 50 man servers, which I recall was epic.But servers cant handle them anymore, and it would be a farm fest with the quality of the players these days.
DreamKnight1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #27
baltar

Anyway one of EU servers is always empty. It's just the way server holders waste their hardware potential. They can even get some money using it another way.
I think they are interested in this too.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #28
meankitty2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartassa View Post
but there are still people left who dont know and sometimes you get the feeling that this people who dont know really should get there to explore and learn how to fight....
There is also hut's server which is being used as a duel server, and there must be a reason why its empty most of the time, people don't want to duel.. people want to play the game.

In my opinion placing another duel server would be useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamKnight1 View Post
But servers cant handle them anymore, and it would be a farm fest with the quality of the players these days.
Yesterday I had 5 games in a row of around 125 sf vs 130 sf game I can assure you it won't be such a farmfest and it will make the players try their best and it will effect the game experince, not to mantion that on eu times there were 40+ players for 8 hours.

about the servers: I'm not speaking of 50 slots server I'm speaking on the range of 36-40
40 might be an overkill but 36 could do as well, 26 server slot (jereziah) is just too low.

we need a big server so everyone will be able to play and not lurk the lobby for a game.

Last edited by meankitty2; 07-25-2013 at 11:59 AM.
meankitty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #29
baltar

What we've got for now? 8 people against. Just few people have said why they don't agree with the idea. Why did they disagree? Fears of FPS problems and hardware load. The first problem can be solved by buying better hardware. I've got average hardware of 2008 and it still shows pretty good. Can't believe there's still someone with even elder hardware. I just want to say that there's nothing scary in updrading your PC. The second problem is not even a problem. The servers are hosted on good hardware and considering the fact that we put off one server, we can increase two other servers' capacity without increasing hardware load.
Nevertheless, we've got too many "disagree" votes. Can't catch on why.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #30
Old55

Savage 2 server performance does not scale the way you think it scales. It isn't about the load of having many servers on one box. The process itself bogs considerably as you start adding more players (or entities in general, though players are worse). It boils down to it essentially just being a poor game engine.