Go Back   Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum > Savage 2 Modding > Released Projects

Notices

Released Projects Share your finished/beta modifications with the community!

Old 01-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #11
Envor

Anyone who played the map, does the map feel big when playing as a field player, mines placement is quite close, so it should not take more then 15-20 seconds, it is around 200% of steambuchet range.

How are the terrain variations during melee?

How does it feel to go from rather narrow paths to open field?
Envor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:37 AM   #12
Xigbar

Yes it feels Autumn size. There's just so much blank space where backdoors can be placed
Mine placement is very good, it didn't take long for me and my squad to get to each mine.
I love the terrain variation.
Narrow paths = <3 Perhaps there is more room for a slightly smaller path from human west nat to mid?
Just throwing that that out there, no criticism.
It's time to take up the last defense. It's time to become as close to real as possible. I was found to be shining bright. When the day comes that I become greater than you, you can pick up your cards and play them again, the last one will fall and I'll pick you up, and carry you into the Door to Light.
and my heart will come alive.
Xigbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:52 AM   #13
Xigbar

Some blocker issues near the mains. Pretty annoying. Will point out if you would like me to.
It's time to take up the last defense. It's time to become as close to real as possible. I was found to be shining bright. When the day comes that I become greater than you, you can pick up your cards and play them again, the last one will fall and I'll pick you up, and carry you into the Door to Light.
and my heart will come alive.
Xigbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:33 AM   #14
Inoyoulikeme

This map looks really good, only issue I have with it at the moment is just that I don't really know how to play on it, still figuring it out .
Inoyoulikeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #15
Envor

All blockers problems and annoying things should be pointed out. And just to be sure, that is the map in patch? Are blockers blocking wall riding or normal moving?

Map is pretty easy to get used to, 2 expansion mines for each side and a middle with higher rate, harder guards and harder to protect due to being opened for attacks from many sides. Most fights seem to happen near the tower fenced of area, it just draws players there and spawn portals are put inside the area.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #16
Envor

I'm wondering how the map is after few weeks of being official, from the replays I watched, it seems that garrisons/subs are destroyed quite often, often delaying tech, tech building placement is very weird, they are often placed some distance from main. And humans won most of the games, is there human advantage? How are spawn portal spots and backdoor areas?

I'm really interested in opinion as I have an idea to make a smaller map, using some of terrain from middle part and trying to keep it small, but maybe increasing distance between mines by 10-15%, right now it feels there is little time to respond.