Go Back   Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum > Savage 2 Modding > Released Projects

Notices

Released Projects Share your finished/beta modifications with the community!

Old 09-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
jakisdziad

Fire Shield Combat GUI Bundle

GUI is designed to be minimalistic but practical simultaneously, not suitable for new players because some of the features has been removed. Whole interface was rewritten from scratch and optimised, designed for 1280x800 resolution so it may be too small on larger displays.

installation
Quote:
1. download zip archive from first post attachment
2. unpack archive file in Savage 2 main directory
Attached Files
File Type: zip Combat_GUI_Bundle_v9.3.zip (170.2 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by jakisdziad; 09-21-2013 at 08:13 AM.
jakisdziad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
jakisdziad

Changelog v9.3
Quote:
- new alt info
- added selected slot indicator
Changelog v9.2
Quote:
- added souls, gold and team gold to score overlay screen
- added squad panel and officer commands
- added alt info
- normalized dead screen
- crosshair enlarged
- HP and ST value representation is now current value instead amount to regen
- fixed Saviours Valor item count in backpack
- fixed (probably) item count in player hover info backpack
features removed from default files
Quote:
- removed dash meter indicator from crosshair
- removed move and attack command indicators from crosshair
- removed not important data from gadgets
- removed experience and level from bottom bar
- removed souls, dash and extras from vital panel
- removed base HP, gold, team gold, income, timer and interval from top bar
- removed quick stats panel
- removed free item slot lock
- removed game tips panel
- removed dead msg from tool tip message panel
- removed building under attack notification
- removed cvar cg_showNotifications
- removed error panel
- removed chest, gadget and npc info from tool tip
- removed voicetip panel
- removed skill index from skill bar
- removed description, armor and name from building tool tip
- removed icon, armor, experience, level and name from player tool tip
- removed fps panel
- removed shield that appears after block activation
- removed NPC and gadged hover info
- removed unknown templates stat_expanded and consumable_item_slot
- removed pet panel and pet commands
- removed kill notification from dead screen
- removed voice macro
- removed tip, voicetip and voice commands from dead screen
- removed upkeep icon from alt info
- removed distance from alt info
- removed construction progress from alt info
known mod bugs
Quote:
- upkeep not met by enemy notification in some circumstances can disappear
- wrong representation of skills/items cooldown on damage (cant be fixed)
fixed game bugs
Quote:
- Power Absorption cooldown set to 45s
- Trinket of Restoration mana consumption set to 0
- MeleeBuildingHit debuff set to true
- Saviours Valor ammo count set to 1
files that can cause collision with this mod
Quote:
- game_settings.cfg
- ui/alt_info.xml
- ui/game.xml
- ui/game_dead.xml
- ui/game_score_overlay.xml
- shared/effects/blocking.effect

Last edited by jakisdziad; 09-21-2013 at 07:08 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
Pidgeoni

Interesting work :o
Pidgeoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #4
PetzI

Great work, this looks like a pretty good UI. I'll have to try it out some time.
PetzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:38 PM   #5
STV

Hi, this looks awesome!

I have played with it a bit and I think that it would be better if when a mine is not build you could see the extraction too, since now you can only see the gold remaining.

Also once a building is up i would change the 100% green bar underneath the health bar and make it the building armor bar and have the name of the building, since the % built information is no longer useful and the armor (imo) its important.

Also I have had some problems with the health control since this way its harder to calculate how may tower shoots you can take before hidding into a bush or whatever. For stamina and with mana i would only show the current amount.

For the souls, the armor and the speed i would put like a skill quare on the right of the health, mana and stamina bars to make it somehow compact:
|---------------------------|----|

For crazy people that uses the skills with the mouse wheel i think its bad to not have a currently using skill indicator.

And Stronghold/Lair health, the team income and the income time.

Well, this are things I just missed, perhaps its because the others UI i have used all had this informaion :P
But I guess that you already have you idea of how to make everything.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #6
jakisdziad

I'm glad you like it STV!

I'm also concerned about how player HP is displayed now, it can confuse because such way of display was never used before. Since the safe potion drink indicator was implemented I'm thinking about rolling back to the old way of displaying health/stamina points.

I wanted to display building armor on HP bar but not sure whether it makes sense because you know when upkeep is meet and buildings have more or less armor. The 100% bar is pure cosmetic, no point of displaying name - you don't know on which building you are looking at and what is his name? Could you explain me, why do you need extraction rate on not built mine?

The souls count, gold, team gold and probably also game time - will be placed on score overlay which you can access while running, no point of keeping eye on these values all the time.

I'm not sure if displaying armor and speed is important, you can check the base values on loadout screen and you exactly know when these values are lowered or enlarged due buff, debuff or item.

Thank you for feedback STV, really appreciate it!
Old 09-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #7
STV

Ok, I think that its important to show income of a mine that hasn't been built because in case that there is no commander and I am a builder I would like to know what mine would give the team more income.

About the building armor, I would show it not for the upkeep thing but because, for example, the armor of a garrison that has been attacked can drop from 0.6 to 0.3, and if you see that the armor is low I would attack that garrison before a mine that has 0.35 armor.

To show the name of the building I realize that actually isn't that important.

I really like the idea of the score overlay to keep the view as clean as possible, with the really important information.

About the armor and the speed... imo always i still find them important, and since you have talked about a score overlay with the souls and gold and stuff I would somehow (I don't know what idea of the panel you have) put the level, armor, speed.
Also I look at enemy armor before getting into a fight to know who attack first.

Testing it more I have realized that is missing the health and time of portals and gadgets and NPCs health when you look at them.

A thing i saw is that when I activate a Replenish Potion (smallest health potion) and a Clarity Potion (smallest mana potion) its imossible to distinguish the effect duration of each.

BUG?: When I look at someone sometimes I see a "2" on an empty item slot like if there was the item image not loading or perhaps its juts a bug.

Fighting a bit I missed the name of the enemy (and the teammates) on the information when I look at them. I know that you can see the name above the player, but im used to read it. And the who killed who information.

Also the crossair (the aiming thing) its hard to use as an aiming guide when pointing an enemy since its very small.

I know I have pointed many things but if your idea is not close to mine I have no purpose to make you change the design to fit all this details, since you try to do it minimal.
Anyway this is the feedback i can give :P
Old 09-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #8
jakisdziad

Quote:
Originally Posted by STV View Post
Ok, I think that its important to show income of a mine that hasn't been built because in case that there is no commander and I am a builder I would like to know what mine would give the team more income.
Most of the time you dont have much choice between mines and its quite obvious that mines located in centre of the map or in inconvenient location will generate greater income. The extraction rate is displayed only on finished building to draw attention to low income due low HP.

Quote:
About the building armor, I would show it not for the upkeep thing but because, for example, the armor of a garrison that has been attacked can drop from 0.6 to 0.3, and if you see that the armor is low I would attack that garrison before a mine that has 0.35 armor.
If the garrison is damaged the model is changed and some effects are applied, no need more indicators I think...
Quote:
Testing it more I have realized that is missing the health and time of portals and gadgets and NPCs health when you look at them.
There is no gadget and NPC hover info, its pointless to display such informations in two places at the same time, data obtainable only by alt info. (forgott to add these to removed list)
Quote:
A thing i saw is that when I activate a Replenish Potion (smallest health potion) and a Clarity Potion (smallest mana potion) its imossible to distinguish the effect duration of each.
Completely unimportant
Quote:
BUG?: When I look at someone sometimes I see a "2" on an empty item slot like if there was the item image not loading or perhaps its juts a bug.
Thanks its probably bug, hopefully will be fixed in next update.
Quote:
Also the crossair (the aiming thing) its hard to use as an aiming guide when pointing an enemy since its very small.
Yes crosshair can be small on larger displays I will try to enlarge it in next update.

Well your points STV are accurate but I can not please everyone - so I'm doing this UI mostly for myself. Thanks for feedback, will release new version tomorrow!

Last edited by jakisdziad; 09-18-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #9
meankitty2

I think some more graphic work could be done at the hp thingies, idk I like those stuff fancy, but just my opinion ^_^

Nice work.
meankitty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #10
Xigbar

This UI is pretty sick.
It's time to take up the last defense. It's time to become as close to real as possible. I was found to be shining bright. When the day comes that I become greater than you, you can pick up your cards and play them again, the last one will fall and I'll pick you up, and carry you into the Door to Light.
and my heart will come alive.
Xigbar is offline   Reply With Quote