Go Back   Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum > Savage 2 Modding > Released Projects

Notices

Released Projects Share your finished/beta modifications with the community!

Old 09-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #11
STV

OOps maybe I got carried away :P this is pretty cool, I just wanted to point out the things I look ingame to bring some ideas, not to get a costumized UI.

I'll have a look at the update

**edit: IU for UI, my bad**
Old 09-19-2013, 06:52 AM   #12
Xigbar

This UI is pretty sick. I'll consider using it.
It's time to take up the last defense. It's time to become as close to real as possible. I was found to be shining bright. When the day comes that I become greater than you, you can pick up your cards and play them again, the last one will fall and I'll pick you up, and carry you into the Door to Light.
and my heart will come alive.
Xigbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #13
Inoyoulikeme

Wow, nice work, it's actually pretty neat.

Although some of it is a little... small.

Also the colour scheme for the buffs/debuffs will make certain art assets (like mana potion vs health potion) icons difficult to differentiate between.

Nevertheless I'll give this a try and report back, nice to see some work being done on things though.

EDIT: I suggest using .s2z files as they are far easier to use and don't require unpacking/replacing of existing files.

Last edited by Inoyoulikeme; 09-19-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Inoyoulikeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #14
Inoyoulikeme

Okay, I tried it out (bare in mind my resolution is 1680/1050).

Very tiny, compact UI, might be nice for some people, personally I need larger icons because I rely on my peripheral vision to watch UI elements for debuff effects/health etc.

A few issues I had with it were:

- I'm not sure why, but you are displaying the damaged health number not current health, this is very strange because a lot of people want to know how many tower shots more/how many hits more they can afford to take, especially in melee. Also the health bar colours are confusing and need to be more defined. I had the same issue with mana and stamina bars that they were simply too similar colours to be able to tell using your peripheral vision.

- Full mana displays the actual mana pool number, whereas stamina and health are reversed. This is very unintuitive and also is not consistent.

- Charge bar is very thin and out of the way, this is one of the most important stats for melee fighters as it tells you how far you can move/how much potential movement you have in combat, it's one of the core aspects of melee.

- No current skill indicator. This was removed for no good reason and it provides fairly important informations, there is no replacement for it that I can tell within the UI so this should be put back in.

- Debuff/buff colours are very hard to distinguish and it's important because a lot of the icon art assets are reused with different colours in this game.

The good things that I can see are the new mana cooldown timers and just general small UI additions like the potions indicator. Also the crosshair is great, you should release it as a separate package because it's nice and accurate.

That's all for now, in it's current state it's not usable for me, as a lot of the removed/new features are confusing.
Inoyoulikeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #15
jakisdziad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoyoulikeme View Post
Also the colour scheme for the buffs/debuffs will make certain art assets (like mana potion vs health potion) icons difficult to differentiate between.
True but this is not important, in default UI you also cant spot the difference between mana and health potion while on cooldown in backpack - no problem with that? In future version will try to get ride of desaturate, not sure about esthetic in such case.

Quote:
-I'm not sure why, but you are displaying the damaged health number not current health, this is very strange because a lot of people want to know how many tower shots more/how many hits more they can afford to take, especially in melee. Also the health bar colours are confusing and need to be more defined. I had the same issue with mana and stamina bars that they were simply too similar colours to be able to tell using your peripheral vision.
Yes will be switched to default HP/ST value presentation in next update. The "remaining HP/ST" was implemented before potion safe drink indicators.

Quote:
- No current skill indicator. This was removed for no good reason and it provides fairly important informations, there is no replacement for it that I can tell within the UI so this should be put back in.
Will be implemented in future version.

Quote:
I suggest using .s2z files as they are far easier to use and don't require unpacking/replacing of existing files.
It was in s2z but it did not work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meankitty2 View Post
I think some more graphic work could be done at the hp thingies, idk I like those stuff fancy, but just my opinion ^_^

Nice work.
Thanks, I'm not a graphic and can only edit existing images. Aim of this mod is to keep GUI simple and clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xigbar View Post
This UI is pretty sick. I'll consider using it.
At the moment mod is in the initial development but I believe that this GUI is already playable

Last edited by jakisdziad; 09-19-2013 at 01:34 PM.
jakisdziad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #16
jakisdziad

The UI is updated, download link in first post. You probably wont like the new Squad panel, will rewrite it in future but for now it stays as it is. Keep in mind that I'm creating this GUI mostly for myself but every suggestion will be considered and appreciated. At the moment I'm a bit tired of modding, was working hard whole week on this GUI and now have to take a break.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #17
STV

This is looking better and better
Old 09-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #18
jakisdziad

Just realized that this alt info is completely useless, fortunately have nice idea how to make new one Perhaps some one have idea how to add player like bot, could be helpfully don't want to mod while on public server...
Old 09-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #19
STV

AI mod is what you need

Here is the thread:
http://forums.savage2.com/showthread.php?t=27822

Here is the project website:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ite/index.html
Old 09-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #20
jakisdziad

Already tried but bots are threaten like NPCs and cant command them, so they just running around and completing objectives.