Go Back   Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum > Savage 2 Servers

Notices

Savage 2 Servers Announcements, discussion, and information regarding the Savage 2 servers.

View Poll Results: What do you think about this idea?
A good idea, we should do that! 12 50.00%
Will end up in a total disaster. 12 50.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #51
WoooTzZ

Baltar fighting with the probably the most skilled player in Savage 2... Lol.

40 slots works well in Savage 1 - the zerg can really be fun especially in the large maps like Bunker and Crossroads.

But a lot of the maps in Savage 2 are really designed for the lower amounts of people so if you are going to make the server 40 slot then I would suggest making ammends to the map rotation aswell.

CABE BUY DAGGER RUNES WITH ME AND LETS GOOO! I NEED YOUR TRAINING IM REALLY BAD ATM!

WoooTzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #52
rancho

I just notice this now...

If you find a full server and want to play, you have 2 options:

1. Join another server- if one EU is full, join one of the other 2 which are empty and wait for some of the 15 people in lobby to join you. Telling them you are joining is ok, but not necessary. In my experience 3 to 4 join right after me in such situations.

2. Duel on any duel server, after some nice duels, suggest some of you play a pub. People even joined the internode duel server, so saying they wont join US server for a few minutes is a lie. Dueling is not my thing, but most other players like it.

It used to be that i had i third choice, MOD SERVERS. i can understand why they arent viable today, as they would be idle most of the time. They were my personal first choice in situations of full servers.

I used to seed new servers all the time last year, but i only play for a few hours / day or less now. Seeding a server (that is joining it alone and wait for others) can be hard at first, you dont know if it will work and leave in 5 minutes. But it is better to try this instead of waiting in lobby and try to spam click connect faster than 15 people. This is why im neutral to this idea of changing server size. I just think people could try harder using the 2 empty servers.

Kudos to BattleShorts (AU/NZ). Best seeder ive seen, and it was on one of the most deserted servers in history.
rancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #53
meankitty2

I would love to see one of the mod servers back..

Bring back helms deep mod! or.. soccer mod!

or.. skyrace! Skyrace was really cool
meankitty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #54
KiZa

How about all server player count is reduced instead of increased. If you bring down ophelia to 26, you'll have 4 more players waiting. If you already had 10, that'll make 14 to start jereziah off. Increasing the number on 1 server will just make it less likely you will get a 2nd server up.
KiZa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KiZa For This Useful Post:
baltar (07-28-2013)
Old 07-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #55
baltar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiZa View Post
How about all server player count is reduced instead of increased. If you bring down ophelia to 26, you'll have 4 more players waiting. If you already had 10, that'll make 14 to start jereziah off. Increasing the number on 1 server will just make it less likely you will get a 2nd server up.
— We can try two 26 and not to put off the third server which can be changed to a duel one.
— Or we can change nothing regarding to slots limit with making the third server as a one to duel on.
baltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #56
meankitty2

Or we can just not change anything because there's no server owner who would do anything for this game..

Stony's partly around, and old wouldn't do anything for this game.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #57
KiZa

Old why so bitter? :(
KiZa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KiZa For This Useful Post:
meankitty2 (07-28-2013)
Old 07-31-2013, 08:50 PM   #58
DreamKnight1

I change my vote after having to wait to join the server several times
DreamKnight1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:54 PM   #59
meankitty2

10 agrees 10 disagrees and 1 man who wouldn't help anyways..........
Old 08-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #60
Geveze

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabecudo View Post
first off , i don't even know why you are talking about squad work , 40 man server will be such a fucking disaster that everyone won't be doing any squad work at all .
And i guarantee you if i do have runes i will fucking bring your fucking team down nowadays , since everyone today fucking suck badly.
About the same skill lvl i have ? Are you even fucking serious you don't even know how i play and i'm pretty much sure better than anyone in those servers even though i don't fucking play since long time ago , vote options you say , when i have about 320+sf you think it will be an even game ? Haha keep dreaming.
I only wish that server would come up so i'd shut your mouth and show you how everyone will get fucking rape , the lame thing is it won't happen because the salvage team is against it and thats how it should be , since the idea is so bad.

You also can't guarantee that the people that are in the lobby are walting to join the server they could be afking.
Thats actually what i would be doing in a fucking lobby , do you even think i'd wait for a fucking server to get in? In s2? Now way.

Also the people who are in the coil server are dueling mostly , not because they are waiting to get in a full server .

To be serious the coil server should be renamed to duel server and not have password , since everyone somehow have the password and the "pugs" today are basically "pubs .really sad that people don't know what a pug is or what it looks like.
9!!!!!!!!!

Edit: davidhornak mode: OFF

Last edited by Geveze; 08-01-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Geveze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Geveze For This Useful Post:
cabecudo (08-02-2013)