Go Back   Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum > Tips & Strategies

Notices

Tips & Strategies A place to share tips and strategies with other players.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:16 AM   #1
NorXTream

Default Items and stats...am i doing it right?

Hello guys, before i go to sleep i actually wanna shoot with a question.

Firs tof all iam NEARLY always playing humans, and i am NOT having a prime account,therefor only 4 item slots.

So about items and skills ( like str end int and sta)

What i am always doing is baisicly (as human)

small armor

small ammo box

boots of swifftness(or whatever theyre called)

ofc i use the standart rune

than i sell small armor for big armor, sell small ammo box for big ammo box, and get the scope for the dmg(yea i am ranging alot, i am usually getting rid of all my shots very fast since i am dieing pretty often but i can easily deal 2-3k dmg per life by now,just beacuse i ranged alot, got the enemy greedy and striked him down)

the boots stay as they are.

and my statbuild is baisicly

Full endurance, ALWAYS, if i have 6 points in endurance i go for 2 in strenggh or intelligence,depens if i feel like playing shaman or chaplain , or predator and legionaire this round(or savage and scout ♥)
than i get 2 more into endurance and get 4 more into str or int , if i reallise i lack stamina or my pool is to small(sometimes happen somtimes dont) i only get 2into str or int and 2 into sta

by that point i am usually not getting any more since i somehow stay behind in lvls....well you can explain me how to not get underlvld aswell, iam open for it,surviving long and dealing some dmg doesnt seem tobe enough .

after that i look,if i reallise i am lacking stamina i get another 2 into sta, other wise i continue with 2 into int/str and 4 into end, basicily till they cost 3,than i only get 1 into end and 2 into int / str

i am always using the very last point i get (for example,cost is 3 i have 4 points) in the stat i didnt lvld till than(which can be int,sta or str)

what do you think,anything you would recommend me?
anything i should definatly change?

Oh and no,i am not always making enough kills to get a good use of maliken items, i am sometimes having long and strong streaks,but not always.
NorXTream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:42 AM   #2
DarkCapriVax

Yeah, I heard you talk about your items at one point, but I didn't want to intercede if it worked for you. However, since you put it up on the forums, it's free range now. :P (Pardon the play on words)

As I understand it, your items are: Ammo, scope, armor, boots.

• You shouldn't be going through all those shots with the increase of ammo. Shit's ridiculous. It indicates you range far more than you should be. I encourage you to try to melee more and only range when you're closing in on your enemy.
  • Scope can be useful but with such limited slots, I recommend not having it because there are other items that, in my opinion, would be better.
  • Heavy armor is nice but it slows you down too much. I only use it when heavy units like lego and even then I, sometimes, prefer not to. Most players recommend light armor if you need armor because it gives you full mobility.
  • Once again, boots are nice but that slot can be put to better use late game. Early game, it's good to get around quicker so you can get more kills (and eventually more exp)

What i recommend is this:
  1. 2 Major pots (Obviously just to heal you when you're hurt)
  2. Trinket of Restoration (Heals you a small amount (75ish hp or so) and gives you an armor buff. Good for tanking towers and just taking dmg in general.)
  3. Lungs of Maliken (whenever you recieve a soul, your stamina is replenished to full or almost full depending on how big your reservoir is)
  4. Whatever else you want. Ammo, boots, armor. Whatever the heck you want. Personally, I would get the boots that let you be more charge efficient but that's just me.

As for your stats, I can't speak to healing. I don't know the set up for that in stats.

When I play, my stats go 15str, 5 agi and the rest on endurance regardless of team. I don't spend it all in one place at first (So I might go 2str and 2 agi at first then go 3 str and 1 edur and so on till i get the aforementioned stats)

As far as stats go, it's really all up to you and your playstyle. Eventually you want to have better stamina control so you'll use less which means less points on agi so they can be used elsewhere, but for right now, you can just experiment with what works best for you.

Last edited by DarkCapriVax; 02-05-2012 at 12:59 PM.
DarkCapriVax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:50 AM   #3
Perspektiv

2 dagger bear white runes , 2 health potions ... mix of whatever

your good to go

oh and max out that damage and endurance

- Perspektiv

Perspektiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:40 AM   #4
Xigbar

Some tips on how to get better http://forums.savage2.com/showpost.p...89&postcount=1
If you have questions please ask here or in the forums. I'll reply.
It's time to take up the last defense. It's time to become as close to real as possible. I was found to be shining bright. When the day comes that I become greater than you, you can pick up your cards and play them again, the last one will fall and I'll pick you up, and carry you into the Door to Light.
and my heart will come alive.
Xigbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #5
coolnesss
Area Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCapriVax View Post
. Note that the armor buff does not affect ranged dmg)
Yes it does.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #6
Xigbar

Serious derp.
It's time to take up the last defense. It's time to become as close to real as possible. I was found to be shining bright. When the day comes that I become greater than you, you can pick up your cards and play them again, the last one will fall and I'll pick you up, and carry you into the Door to Light.
and my heart will come alive.
Xigbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #7
R4in3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnesss View Post
Yes it does.
It even affects it more than Melee damage.
10 is salary of 10 families
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taawus View Post
Rainer will go Third Reich on Fanfan, prepare zhe white flags.
R4in3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:59 PM   #8
DarkCapriVax

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4in3r View Post
It even affects it more than Melee damage.
Does it?
Thought i heard someone tell me i doesn't.
Hmm. Oh well (:
Old 02-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #9
NorXTream

I already checked those tips out xigbar,but as i stated

i dont buy malikens items because i am usually not getting kills, i am not some player who plays 10 games and definalty goes over the top and be a superstar, ...i guess such players doesnt even exist.

whatever, without kills - no souls , no souls - no use for the maliken items.

perspektiv

i am not getting runes, since i actually wanted to get a prime account first, and by that i mean buying it,it gives me 2 runes yea, for 60 days, but i am not rich,i will definatly however look at your post again if i have those runes, or can i use 1 rune for 2 slots?

oh and dark, thanks for the item recomendations, but why is ammo so rediculus? yes i am ranging alot, but it works,if the enemy cant close the gap,or is running alot, or they are meleeing 5v3, standing open or wide,things like this happen very often and i can tell you that i dont waste my ammo, but it gets empty fast without atleast a small ammo satchel.

i am "playing save"(HEY you teached me that)

the scope isnt that usefull i reallised unless on marksman,the ranging of the savage is too weak to get a significant increase and legionaire is not a char i am in range with.

oh also
why do i have a clan tag in forums and not you ?

Last edited by NorXTream; 02-05-2012 at 01:12 PM.
NorXTream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #10
DarkCapriVax

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorXTream View Post
I already checked those tips out xigbar,but as i stated

i dont buy malikens items because i am usually not getting kills, i am not some player who plays 10 games and definalty goes over the top and be a superstar, ...i guess such players doesnt even exist.

whatever, without kills - no souls , no souls - no use for the maliken items.

perspektiv

i am not getting runes, since i actually wanted to get a prime account first, and by that i mean buying it,it gives me 2 runes yea, for 60 days, but i am not rich,i will definatly however look at your post again if i have those runes, or can i use 1 rune for 2 slots?

oh and dark, thanks for the item recomendations, but why is ammo so rediculus? yes i am ranging alot, but it works,if the enemy cant close the gap,or is running alot, or they are meleeing 5v3, standing open or wide,things like this happen very often and i can tell you that i dont waste my ammo, but it gets empty fast without atleast a small ammo satchel.

i am "playing save"(HEY you teached me that)

the scope isnt that usefull i reallised unless on marksman,the ranging of the savage is too weak to get a significant increase and legionaire is not a char i am in range with.

oh also
why do i have a clan tag in forums and not you ?

If the enemy is running away, don't spend all your ammo and time chasing him down. It's better spent pushing elsewhere. Granted, if you can finish him off with a quick rata-tat-tat, go for it. but using 65-85shots from your chain gun on a single encounter, as i imagine it, is too much.

As for runes, please don't get them. And if you have to get them, do not get beardags.
Runes make you dependent on them and because of that, you'll be a easy and weak target.

I don't know what the hell "playing save" is, but I never told you that having more of something (Like buying ammo boxes) suddenly makes you better at managing your resources. >.>
You can stick with it if you want. Whatever works for you

EDIT: To answer your last question,
cuz i'm just that B.A. B)

Last edited by DarkCapriVax; 02-05-2012 at 01:40 PM.