Go Back   Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum > Tips & Strategies

Notices

Tips & Strategies A place to share tips and strategies with other players.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #81
Bodom_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodom_Child View Post
There is quite a difference between 1v1 and 3v1, it's 2 people actually. You have 3x the amount of enemy to kill.
First quote.

Quote:
Since my post got deleted, I'll tone down the language while still getting my point across.
You're an idiot. 3-1=2. In a 3v1, there are 2 more players than in a 1v1. Learn to count.
Second quote.

For your reading delight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissi12321 View Post
thats the point missing in ur original post, and stop insulting me for your lack of cognition
and besides, im not up to perfect grammar on forum posts,
yet, i think you are up to "intelligent" posts and logical reasoning

therefore, ur insults towards me are void
while mine towards you are quite legit
I'm not missing any points in either of my posts. But this is what I look like right now: (you're on the right, btw)

Anyways, back to topic:

Being good at this game is merely trial and error. You find what works for you, how you need to manage your playing style. You keep perfecting it so you can beat other players. It's as simple as that for me.
I can live with delays, I can live with some disgruntled "fans" but I can't live with a shitty product that doesn't deserve to be called a game, let alone something I'm going to stake my company or reputation on.

Savage 2 is VERY fun and even as it sits now, fairly polished. By release, she'll be clean as a whistle and success shall be ours!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmashock View Post
you're right

Last edited by Bodom_Child; 04-15-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Bodom_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #82
iAm

...this happens every time someone asks for help xD
a argument on what better, a pub or duel server.
pub good for learn stratagy and group fight and you can alse learn some 1 v 1
duel is purely 1 v 1 with both of you on even ground 100% of the time
BOTH ARE GOOD USE BOTH NOT JUST ONE
iAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #83
Bodom_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAm View Post
Yes but just because you can duel well does not make you a good player, and does not make you better than anyone else. Yes, dueling is a part of this game, but it's not the main point. If you can only take out one enemy at a time then progress will be incredibly slow and you won't win games.
I can live with delays, I can live with some disgruntled "fans" but I can't live with a shitty product that doesn't deserve to be called a game, let alone something I'm going to stake my company or reputation on.

Savage 2 is VERY fun and even as it sits now, fairly polished. By release, she'll be clean as a whistle and success shall be ours!
Quote:
you're right
Old 04-15-2011, 05:06 PM   #84
Inoyoulikeme

Quote:
This isn't even true, though, get a 1vs1 with chrissi on a NORMAL server, in warmup or w/e and you'll see the difference.
Inoyoulikeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:07 PM   #85
Alamareth

Well, even if things got off topic a bit - it was interesting to see different points of view, even if I tend to agree that dueling is probably less important than good teamplay.

Stam management is probably the next step after I get better at fighting in general. I took a good smashing by Shushu last night (although, in my somewhat biased opinion, I performed a bit better against him than most on my team).

Part of my problem is probably the fact that I'm still running as "freeloader" account - yeah, I'm a cheap #(*ker. As such, every item build is just 2 runes - health regen based and hp spike - and heart/lungs. Of course, that limits my options from a potting standpoint.

My issue is still block timing. Blocking just doesn't help me and I almost always perform better in k/d when I just rush in and just go after one person hard. I usually can kill them, maybe one or two more before I die - but it's certaintly not elegant and definitely lacks a certain finesse better players have.

I also can't figure out how some players are just so bloody fast - and no, it's not always caused by runes. I'm sure my timing on charges is off as well, I use it more for evade to make up for my crap job of blocking.
Alamareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #86
Bodom_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamareth View Post
I also can't figure out how some players are just so bloody fast - and no, it's not always caused by runes. I'm sure my timing on charges is off as well, I use it more for evade to make up for my crap job of blocking.
Shusuu in particular seems extremely fast... Lynx Feet + Runes + Lungs possibly.

In order to progress further you need to learn how to both control your stamina and crowd control. If you can crowd control well, you'll get 5+ kill streaks easy.

Quote:
you're right
Old 04-15-2011, 05:58 PM   #87
Azcin

hmm i dont even know what this topic is on now

so im just gonna say that we should blame reiku=o
Azcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:20 PM   #88
iAm

Quote:
Shusuu in particular seems extremely fast... Lynx Feet + Runes + Lungs possibly.
i have never seen how lynx feet or the human version could be helpful in a fight...there is always some there to range you and i always seem to get hit :/
iAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:23 PM   #89
Bodom_Child

Quote:
i have never seen how lynx feet or the human version could be helpful in a fight...there is always some there to range you and i always seem to get hit :/
Yeah I don't use them either, but I was just throwing out possibilities..

Quote:
you're right
Old 04-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #90
Alamareth

Quote:

In order to progress further you need to learn how to both control your stamina and crowd control. If you can crowd control well, you'll get 5+ kill streaks easy.
Heh, yes - crowd control is rather difficult. One of three things happen to me:

1) I run into a teammate or get stuck on something in the environment and get owned.

2) I get impatient and go after the guy with the lowest HP, then get owned.

3) I try to be awesome and be patient, but I get owned without getting a kill.

I never seem to fight the people that are willing to just constantly trainwreck behind you. I get the people that watch your moves, then cut you off. Am I not being "random" enough?

There's also the whole speed thing. I really don't know when to use stamina - it's mostly when I'm cutting straight through a group. I also think I'm using the A and D keys too much when I'm circling, which I believe slows you down (tough to tell just from my view). Coming from twitchy FPS games apparantly tought me a lot of bad habits for this game.

Last edited by Alamareth; 04-15-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Alamareth is offline   Reply With Quote