Go Back   Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum > Savage 2 Servers > Official Server News

Notices

Official Server News Place for server admins to post contact details/updates regarding their Savage 2 servers.

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 03:28 AM   #1
S2Mercenary
S2 Staff Member

Default DB Server Maintenance 03/08/10 - 10:30pm EST

Just ran a series of potential fixes for some database issues a couple of minutes ago. Let me know if any new issues pop up, or if the master server/other game functionality seems to be smoother/more responsive.
Customer and Technical support for Savage 2 is suspended until further notice. If you have a -billing- or -account- issue that directly affects your ability to play the game, please contact S2Games support: (support@s2games.com).

Good things come to those who wait...
Old 03-09-2010, 03:34 AM   #2
FatalThread

It's down =)
Old 03-09-2010, 03:50 AM   #3
OpMindcrime
Community Moderator

Well, NOW we know what happened! Maybe just needing a fresh boot?

No one expects the NEWERTH INQUISITION!!!

NEW PLAYERS:
My Alt account is GlassPrison
If you ever see me online & have any questions or would like a few tips, feel free to ask
Old 03-09-2010, 03:51 AM   #4
S2Mercenary
S2 Staff Member

Looking into it now.

[edit]: Should be fixed now, let me know if there's any other issues like that.
Customer and Technical support for Savage 2 is suspended until further notice. If you have a -billing- or -account- issue that directly affects your ability to play the game, please contact S2Games support: (support@s2games.com).

Old 03-09-2010, 04:00 AM   #5
S2Mercenary
S2 Staff Member

Looks like there are some other potential issues that I need to manually locate and fix. There's going to be additional downtime for a bit but once that's over, things should be a bit smoother.

Old 03-09-2010, 04:04 AM   #6
OpMindcrime
Community Moderator

Now THAT is good to hear Hope your magiks work Merc

No one expects the NEWERTH INQUISITION!!!

NEW PLAYERS:
My Alt account is GlassPrison
If you ever see me online & have any questions or would like a few tips, feel free to ask
Old 03-09-2010, 04:51 AM   #7
S2Mercenary
S2 Staff Member

Running what should be the last process across the databases tonight and then will just be watching for potential issues. You might notice some (relatively minor) sluggishness for a bit before it finishes. Some of the tables may be locked while this stuff runs, but no data should be lost at this point. It's gonna take maybe another half an hour.

[edit] Forgot to post the update here - everything should be done now (finished at least half an hour ago). So far so good.

Last edited by S2Mercenary; 03-09-2010 at 05:42 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:43 AM   #8
S2stony
S2 Junior Staff Member

Awesome work S2mercenary - thanks for your effort and the effort of the other staff members!

I am SO curious how stable it will be. If this really solves the major issues of the database we will be able to really grow in playercount tremendously from now on.

Donations are still welcome - please go to www.PlaySavage2.com and click on the "Donate" button. TY

Old 03-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #9
S2Mercenary
S2 Staff Member

Anyone have the link to that master server status/player population tracker script someone wrote? I'd like to keep an eye on that over the next few days.

[edit] nvm, found it earlier

Last edited by S2Mercenary; 03-09-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Closed Thread