Go Back   Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic Anything not relating to Savage.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:07 AM   #1
Karmashock

Thanked 1,037 Times in 976 Posts
Default Because democrats are asshats.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/19719.html

Clinton gave the russians a present. It was a red button with what the Obama administration and/or the state department thought meant "reset." Apparently, no one in Obama's inner circle speaks Russian... unlike Bush's cabinet. And so instead it read "overcharge."

What kind of message does that send to a power that will push any weakness and exploit any opportunity? It says rather boldly "we're morons, please exploit our stupidity."

Say what you will about Bush, this is not a mistake his administration would make. What does it say further about the "enlightened" "intelligent" "we're better then the last guys" rhetoric when they can't even translate a single russian word properly for an official state gift? Understand, they only needed to get ONE word right and it was for an official state gift. You check with an f'ing translator first on that one. I mean, even an idiot would at least check somewhere first. You'd have to be massively overconfident AND and idiot to make this kind of mistake.

The person Clinton is replacing spoke russian fluently. This is ultimately forgivable, what I find unforgivable is that despite making more gaffs and ridiculous mistakes in the last couple months, obama's administration is mocked less then Bush was with not even a tenth as many blunders under his belt. At what point does the bias just hit critical mass and destroy us all? It's pathetic.

Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men. George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by Karmashock; 03-07-2009 at 08:12 AM.
Karmashock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:23 PM   #2
SurfDude

"If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you" -Bruce Lee
SurfDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #3
Jayschwa

Even if the word was right, the whole thing was still pretty fucking lame.

Jayschwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #4
SurfDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmashock View Post
At what point does the bias just hit critical mass and destroy us all? It's pathetic.
Keep in mind... People are still "inspired" and "awestruck" by Obama and expect him to deliver on all of his promises... Yea I know it's stupid, what President has ever done that? But people are going to continue to let him do what he wants as long as they still have faith in him. You probably fully well understand that people are generally stupid, and it takes a while for them catch on.

I was in one of the university common areas having some political talk with one of my classmates yesterday when I started bringing up some of the stupid stuff going on. Someone I've never met came up to me and told me that the only thing I have against Obama is that he is black, and that to disagree with what he does makes me a racist... I guess there's always that barrier, too, which makes people think twice before second-guessing him. Even though two days ago I would have swore that that never would have happened

I guess the truth of it all is that it's still early on in Obama's presidency. He's got a lot of growing to do, and I am hoping that he rises up to meet his problems head on. All I can do is put my head down and hope that, in the end, Obama helps more than he hurts.

"If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you" -Bruce Lee
SurfDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:08 AM   #5
Karmashock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayschwa View Post
Even if the word was right, the whole thing was still pretty fucking lame.
of course it's stupid... but it's predictable.

Reference that conversation I had recently with the leftist tool. He thought that all the world needed was some kooba yah, few smiles, and a few exchanged fruit baskets to make everything alright.

Leftists don't understand that their objectives are not compatible with OTHER tyrants. The Russians have no incentive to cooperate with idiots when they can get more by exploiting us. The same goes for the North Koreans or any other pimple on the ass of humanity.

=======================================
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDude View Post
Keep in mind... People are still "inspired" and "awestruck" by Obama and expect him to deliver on all of his promises... Yea I know it's stupid, what President has ever done that? But people are going to continue to let him do what he wants as long as they still have faith in him. You probably fully well understand that people are generally stupid, and it takes a while for them catch on.

I was in one of the university common areas having some political talk with one of my classmates yesterday when I started bringing up some of the stupid stuff going on. Someone I've never met came up to me and told me that the only thing I have against Obama is that he is black, and that to disagree with what he does makes me a racist... I guess there's always that barrier, too, which makes people think twice before second-guessing him. Even though two days ago I would have swore that that never would have happened

I guess the truth of it all is that it's still early on in Obama's presidency. He's got a lot of growing to do, and I am hoping that he rises up to meet his problems head on. All I can do is put my head down and hope that, in the end, Obama helps more than he hurts.
I feel for you. I've been in the same situation more times then I can say... of course, I generally make a point of being as rude and dismissive as possible to them upon contact. It might cause bad feelings but I honestly don't care. Actually, I do care... I enjoy the ire of nitwits. There are few greater joys in such interactions then looking in their smug, self important, righteous, thoughtless faces and laughing.

I'm anti social though... so that's just me. I'm a dick.

Anyway, Obama won't do anything good. I've seen nothing in him to boost confidence. I was hoping he was lying about what he believed and that he was more sensible at his core. But the more I see, the more I'm convinced that he lied about being AS sensible as he might have appeared at certain points. I think he's going to keep f'ing up until congress revolts against Pelosi (we're getting close already) and finally makes Obama face reality.

We might have to have a few more banks fail or maybe lose Afganistan for this to happen. But there's no limit to the amount of damage Obama can do if unrestrained. So the sooner he gets his support cut the better.

Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men. George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by Karmashock; 03-08-2009 at 05:11 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:48 AM   #6
Karmashock

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...don-Brown.html

Apparently Obama is tired... Just like EVERY OTHER US PRESIDENT EVER. Look at the before and after pictures of US presidents... they look like they've spent a year as a vampire's personal juice box. Wrinkles all over the place, bleached of color, sad eyes... Only that's after eight f'ing years of mind warping intrigue and soul crushing responsibility. Obama is tired in the first 100 days... Say what?

I really don't think Obama had any... ANY idea what job he was signing up for here. He's never been responsible for anything... and now he's responsible for everything. His primary experience is as a "community organizer"... A job where you talk and smile at a lot of people but ultimately don't have to make any decisions and are never really accountable for what few decisions you make. He's won a long series of populatity contests and nothing more. He's got a million dollar smile, is well spoken, and dresses well... As far as I can see, that's about it.

Last edited by Karmashock; 03-08-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:34 AM   #7
Silvern

oh Karma. Such a bitter little man....

You lost SUCKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trespass View Post
there are some players that, for lack of personality, or in the case of MoonTV, testicles, feel the need to consistently alienate the community with a string of alternate accounts.
Silvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:55 AM   #8
Karmashock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvern View Post
oh Karma. Such a bitter little man....

You lost SUCKER!
Bitter?... No, disgusted with the infinite stupidity of man? Yes.

As to losing, we've lost a battle... the war never ends.

I could have said the same thing to you several years ago. Had you lost? Was it over for the Dems? Of course not.

If I'm bitter about anything it's that we must go through this endless cycle of deposing each other. It seems the only way to keep the elites from destroying everything (republican, democrat, or other). The genius of the system is that it keeps most free by getting the elites to cannibalize each other on a regular basis. It's only flaw is that it doesn't work well enough... they don't eat each other fast enough... or completely enough.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:07 AM   #9
psyche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmashock View Post
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...don-Brown.html

Apparently Obama is tired... Just like EVERY OTHER US PRESIDENT EVER. Look at the before and after pictures of US presidents... they look like they've spent a year as a vampire's personal juice box. Wrinkles all over the place, bleached of color, sad eyes... Only that's after eight f'ing years of mind warping intrigue and soul crushing responsibility. Obama is tired in the first 100 days... Say what?

I really don't think Obama had any... ANY idea what job he was signing up for here. He's never been responsible for anything... and now he's responsible for everything. His primary experience is as a "community organizer"... A job where you talk and smile at a lot of people but ultimately don't have to make any decisions and are never really accountable for what few decisions you make. He's won a long series of populatity contests and nothing more. He's got a million dollar smile, is well spoken, and dresses well... As far as I can see, that's about it.
On the flip side, do you really think McCains body would be able to handle office. The guy ALREADY looks like a vampires juicebox....you know what happens to the juicebox when theres no more juice to suck? It caves in on itself. Duuuuuuude.

Although I WOULD like to see a person cave in on themselves. Thatd be sweet.

~psyche~
Old 03-09-2009, 01:10 AM   #10
Karmashock

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyche View Post
On the flip side, do you really think McCains body would be able to handle office. The guy ALREADY looks like a vampires juicebox....you know what happens to the juicebox when theres no more juice to suck? It caves in on itself. Duuuuuuude.

Although I WOULD like to see a person cave in on themselves. Thatd be sweet.

~psyche~
McCain is old... and also I he's a bit of a fool. I just think he's less of one then Obama obvious is... as to how he'd handle this? Can't say... you could be right... or not.

The really sick thing about McCain is that he thinks he has a shot in the next election. It's over for him.