Go Back   Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum > Off Topic > Forum games

Notices

Forum games A place to gamble and play

Old 01-31-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
Ikearumba

Default All kings are foes of the men they rule - Compete for the Throne of Forudonia!

Hi and welcome to another game brought to you by Ikearumba, together with real life prizes on offer!

This game is like a cross between Risk, Rome Total War and Civilisation. You can play it quite simply and let your chosen setting tick along, or micromanage to your hearts desire, it’s entirely up to you and both are viable options.

If you do decide to play it shouldn’t take up a great deal of time, and I think will provide some pretty good entertainment as well as offering the possible satisfaction of victories, domination and prizes!

Welcome to the Land of Forudonia potential dictators, tyrants, kings and faction leaders!

Your faction was displaced from your home continent, however rather than accept defeat you loaded up the ships and sailed away, just a small but loyal population together with a pitiful honour guard. A few coins in a hastily stolen chest finish your meager possessions. Now landed on this island you are intent on setting up your Nation again, however there are a few hitches in that plan.

The first is the continents current inhabitants. Although most are simple villages, there are some cities which may put up a stiffer resistance. Most will not be welcoming you with open arms, so do you conquer, ally or use your cunning to gain their territory for your own Empire?

The second is several other deposed leaders were also displaced in the Great War, escaping to the sea and also landing on this continent. Are they potential allies or enemies? In any case, if they stand in your way to victory they must be dealt with…

This is a land that is created from the might of the pen. As such, all lords who submit short (100-200 wordsish) journal entries on their progress, giving their thoughts or tale of their day will be rewarded by the addition of 1 extra action point. Sometimes, that one extra point could make all the difference.

Finally, this game is not without prizes! ALL Entrants who participate in earnest will receive 2.50 off a Tales of Newerth paperback, or 5 off a hardback.

Second and third place will receive 50% off any order of Tales of Newerth.

The winner will receive a free shipped paperback, or a free hardback (no shipping).

So come ye all and sign up for the battle of Forudonia, may the best leader conquer the land, consolidate power to retake his home again!

For ease of your understanding, a map of the continent and start locations is provided, along with a handy summary sheet of the commands.

To join:

Assemble your Lord, score his mental, social and physical attributes from the 9 points on offer.

Choose one trait from each of the three columns and invent your backstory and the name of your nation (worth 1 action point here as the first journal entry).

Give your starting location preference in order (e.g – 12345678 or 86753421).

Finally, upload an image of your chosen avatar and/or a heraldic symbol which will be stamped across the lands you conquer, or suggest one to me.

If you have any questions about the rules, please PM them to me and I’ll summarise them all in the next post as a F.A.Q to keep the thread clean.

Last edited by Ikearumba; 02-02-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Ikearumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
Ikearumba

{Entrants}

0/8 places remain, preparing for the first turn!

1. Tsunami Madflame, Emperor of Chaverine (EvilRebel)
2. Emperor of Cloudnesia(Coolness)
3. Jean Le Bucheron (Communty)
4. Lord Hybrid de Gar (TommyHybrid)
5. King Lobster (CypherZ)
6. Parrot Emperor (Taawus)
7. Emperor Qwernack, leader of Zereniah (Qwernakus)
8. Icehawk and Phoenix (Donut)

{F.A.Q}

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRebel View Post
Is this right btw?
That's all that is needed and is done well

Quote:
Originally Posted by weikemp View Post
RESERVED!
Edit: I'm not entirely sure what I need to post, can you help me out Ikearumba?
Sorry I'm stupid!
You need to post your leaders name, nations name and your symbol.
Your lord has 3 stats from 0-9 (Mental, Social and Physical), you have 9 points to distribute between the three.
Your lord has 3 traits, one each from column A, B and C - pick them.
Also choose your start location in order of preference.
Finally, include with a short backstory to gain the 1 extra action point
EvilRebel's post is a good example of what's needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwernakus
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I PICK BOTH MERCIFUL AND MERCILESS, OR SOBER AND DRUNK?
You will be inflicted with the extra trait "Split Personality" and the consequences of such!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwernakus
What about Agent orders such as "Spread Propaganda" and "Instigate Rebellion"?
Both of these will come under the "Infiltrate" subcategory - as with orders to your knights, you can customise exactly what you want them to do, that part is very flexible....

This applies across the board, if you want your armies to have certain equipment or use certain tactics, that can be done if the tech is there. Basically, the system is fairly simple but can also be very flexible, so can bear that in mind as you issue your orders!

Last edited by Ikearumba; 02-03-2011 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Here we go!
Ikearumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:15 PM   #3
Qwernakus

FIRST

I havent read this thread yet... But im already almost convinced to enter, so count me in. Follow up info will follow a little later.

Did you PM karma?

EDIT: Oh dear, this is complicated... Im still in, though

Last edited by Qwernakus; 01-31-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Qwernakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:06 PM   #4
Ikearumba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwernakus View Post
FIRST

I havent read this thread yet... But im already almost convinced to enter, so count me in. Follow up info will follow a little later.

Did you PM karma?

EDIT: Oh dear, this is complicated... Im still in, though
Not yet, and you'll soon see it's simpler than it first appears, it's one of those which is as complicated as you choose to make it
Old 01-31-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
Taawus
Area Moderator

Hurp durp

FORUM GAMES

Last edited by Taawus; 04-07-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Taawus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:48 PM   #6
EvilRebel

"This is as good as done. Chaverine will become an empire. In fact it will become the greatest empire in the history of Forudonia. My army will soon be assembled and ready to fight. They won't dare anything else. My people may call me a CORRUPT WARLORD, yet have no idea about just how JUST I can really be. Sure I may have been a thief before I get to the power. In fact some even call me a murderer. I would rather say I'm a true leader. When the former head of our country was unable to prevent himself from being stabbed to death during the night then he doesn't deserve to lead. I however am I strong yet fair leader. In fact I even let my people say almost anything they want. And for some reason they seem to like numbers. They decided to rate my strengths as being 5 physical, 3 mental and 1 social. I have no idea what's that's supposed to mean. They do however seem to disagree about what number suits or lands the best. Most say 2, however, I've also heard them mention numbers such as 4,5,3,6,7,8 and 1. Of course numbering the lands won't be necessary as there will soon be but one land left. It's just a matter of time.

-Tsunami Madflame, Emperor of Chaverine"

Is this right btw?
Old 02-01-2011, 12:53 AM   #7
weikemp

RESERVED!
and this time no mythman to poop out huge quantities of armies

Edit: I'm not entirely sure what I need to post, can you help me out Ikearumba?
Sorry I'm stupid!

Last edited by weikemp; 02-01-2011 at 06:32 AM.
weikemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:16 AM   #8
CypherZ

Arr... may yer head count include the clumsy pirate CypherZ!
Old 02-01-2011, 02:28 AM   #9
Karmashock

Thanked 1,037 Times in 976 Posts

Omg... so this is clearly not risk... this doesn't look like my sort of game. Sorry guys. Have fun.

Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men. George Bernard Shaw
Karmashock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:08 AM   #10
Vindicated

Add me into this. I am very interested in this. I love games like this very fun for me.

P5 5m 4S

Vindicated The Wise Leader of Etiam Veritas.- Veritas vos liberabit, (The truth will set you free) Freedom through truth)

I'll write more, but I have some things I need to take care off I'll fill out a biography once I get back.

Last edited by Vindicated; 02-01-2011 at 04:49 AM.
Vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote