Go Back   Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum > General Savage 2 Discussion

Notices

General Savage 2 Discussion Talk about all things Savage 2: A Tortured Soul.

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
Shikamaru

Default SCIP - Immerse Yourself And Make A Difference!

We want you to help improve the Savage 2: A Tortured Soul experience.

We're back and better than ever now that S2Stony is in charge! The Savage 2 Community Involvement Program is a player-driven organization designed to better the Savage 2 community. Our objective is to provide Savage 2 and more importantly S2Stony with a well organized task force which can meet any assignment or "occupation" the community can become involved in. There are currently dozens of jobs which can only be fulfilled by an active and supportive community, some requiring specialized expertise while others entail only time and involvement. So whether you are computer savvy or PC illiterate we need hard working individuals who wish to significantly impact Savage 2 in positive manner.

Guidelines / Structure

We are a very relaxed but a very goal oriented organization. Every member has decided to give up part of their day to contribute, so there is no reason for a strict or hostile environment. However, if you decide to join our ranks, please try and finish any work in a timely and considerate manner.
S2Stony as well as myself will occasionally put together a makeshift list of responsibilities or tasks which would best help the community and game as a whole. Sometimes these will be very specific requiring minimum organization on our part, while other times it may be very broad and require a group effort. Otherwise the program focuses on community driven projects we individually would like to see completed.

Possible Projects

Map Development - creating high quality, thought-out maps that are usable

Graphic Design - editing wallpapers, concept art, screen shots, or any other type of photography into publishable media

Video Development - creating professional quality Savage 2 video for promotion and marketing OR documenting time stamps of good replay footage

Customer Support - answering technical support questions on the forums

Marketing & Promotion - networking media and creating reviews for Savage 2 on gaming forums and other online communities

Events- managing tournaments, contests, PuGs, tutorials (prestige and prizes sponsored by S2stony)
Sav2Cast - streaming and commentating live matches, tournaments, and public games.

*For the specifics about ongoing projects private message Shikamaru via the forums or Skype for more details.

Current Roster

Forum Name Skype I.D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Supreme Authority
Stony *classified*

SCIP Organizer
Shikamaru Sav2Cast

Forum Moderator
OpMindcrime opmindcrime

Map Developer

Koraseru kythel
Mythman s2mythman
weasel92 weasel492
kelham danljp1

Graphic Designer
kelham danljp1

Video Developement
Tsumego tsumego-sav2
Viss shaunmcotton
Kaden23 kadenlag

Wiki
Leftiness leftiness
LunaticHigh zackerias

Events
Caffeine caffeinatedme
Art_ s2xart

Sav2Cast
Shikamaru Sav2Cast
Stony *classified*
Dewey doowbert

Advertising

Qwernakus qwernakus

Voice Acting
OpMindcrime opmindcrime
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interested in Joining?

Download the free communication program Skype. It is a instant messenger/voice-ip/file-sharing program all rolled into one. We will be using this regularly, since it provides one of the highest quality VOIP and easy to use file sharing. Add
Sav2Cast to your contacts and wait for a reply. Those who don't complete this instruction can not be taken seriously for SCIP.

While you are waiting for a reply you may post in this forum
with a list of any specific skills you think might benefit the program, as well as which project interests you or something not listed that does. If possible please include my signature or some sort of hyperlink to this post in you signature to help generate more interest in SCIP.

Last edited by Shikamaru; 07-30-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #2
Qwernakus

Im already doing some reactive advertisement on the forums I frequent. By "reactive" I mean that I direct people towards Savage 2 if the situation allows me to.

This is a great initiative!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #3
RealAnyOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post

Video Development - creating professional quality Savage 2 video for promotion and marketing OR documenting time stamps of good replay footage.

I come up with such great video ideas but whenever I decide to start working I remember I don't have a recording software.

What do you use to record?
How do you make HD videos?

EDIT: '
'We're back and better than ever now that S2Stony is in charge!'' stony has full access to everything related to savage2 now?

Last edited by RealAnyOne; 07-08-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
Qwernakus

I used the very simple program "Hypercam" for recording something in Minecraft once. Result was excellent, and the program is free without restrictions. When I uploaded it to youtube, it turned out to be 1080 pixel, HD
Old 07-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #5
Shikamaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealAnyOne View Post
I come up with such great video ideas but whenever I decide to start working I remember I don't have a recording software.

What do you use to record?
How do you make HD videos?
[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT]
Use a program called XSplit. I've been using it for the streams but it also has a stream for local recording... Although I'm not sure if you can get Sav2 to display properly unless it is in window mode... Fiddle around with it, I had to.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:43 PM   #6
RealAnyOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwernakus View Post
I used the very simple program "Hypercam" for recording (...) Result was excellent, and the program is free without restrictions (...) 1080 pixel, HD

Awesome, I'll check that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Use a program called XSplit. I've been using it for the streams but it also has a stream for local recording... Although I'm not sure if you can get Sav2 to display properly unless it is in window mode... Fiddle around with it, I had to.
I'm going to see that one too thank you for helping us all.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #7
S2stony
S2 Junior Staff Member

Just use windowed mode and reapply the area to only cover the window- That should do the trick shikamaru. (It does for me)

Donations are still welcome - please go to www.PlaySavage2.com and click on the "Donate" button. TY

Old 07-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #8
martyrsdeath

Real hadn't u made a few vids about tower dodging?
00:07 Ino: ''My personal perception of heaven is an endless halo of blue cheese.''

22:35 Coolness: ''Sienestaja: you so manly <3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsumego View Post
Love and your ass, Tsumego.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #9
Bodom_Child

I'll go ahead and make threads about S2 on some other forums I'm on. Don't put me on marketing/promotion until I say the threads are actually attracting attention.
I can live with delays, I can live with some disgruntled "fans" but I can't live with a shitty product that doesn't deserve to be called a game, let alone something I'm going to stake my company or reputation on.

Savage 2 is VERY fun and even as it sits now, fairly polished. By release, she'll be clean as a whistle and success shall be ours!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmashock View Post
you're right
Old 07-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #10
Qwernakus

Quote:
Map Development - creating high quality, thought-out maps that are usable
No experience in this, except for a little in Age of Empires long ago.

Quote:
Graphic Design - editing wallpapers, concept art, screen shots or any other type of photography into publishable media
Very little experience. Some poor skills in the GIMP.

Quote:
Video Development - creating professional quality Savage 2 video for promotion and marketing OR documenting time stamps of good replay footage
Can record and upload, not so much more than that. On that notice, whats a good video manipulation program?

Quote:
Customer Support - answering technical support questions on the forums
Nay. Not good with this.

Quote:
Marketing & Promotion - networking media and creating reviews for Savage 2 on gaming forums and other online communities
If I were to help, this is probaly were I can. Im already promoting this game where I can. What does this point encompass exactly?

Quote:
Tournaments & Clan Wars- managing S2-sponsored tournaments, contests, and tutorials (prestige and prizes sponsored by S2 Games)
Savage Clan Ladder - Tournament 1 : Revival
Coming soon
Sav2Cast - streaming and commentating live matches, tournaments, and public games.
Nope